Help Fight Breast Cancer

Help Support Steer Planet:

KCK

It is my honest opinion that all of our lives will be touched, one way or another, by some form of cancer. The following Web site provides free mammograms to women:
http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=2

They are having a hard time providing them and all we have to do is visit the site and click on the logo that says "Click to Give Free Mammograms."

From someone who has lost a grandmother to breast cancer, I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

red

Thank you so much. As a 13 year breast cancer survivor I know how important mammograms & self examinations are. Ladies mark one day a month to do a BSE ( hubby's make sure they do) & make sure you get a yearly mammogram. don't ever let them tell you that you're too young. I was 37 when I was diagnosed. Thank God we caught it early & all I had to have done was a mastectomy. I still panic when I feel any lump or bump.

PinkRibbonLL.gif

Red

fluffer

You know, maybe its just me, but I don't mind at all getting all of my "check ups".  I not only have a lot of family history of several types of cancer including brest cancer, but I have also had some "precancer" results on my own tests.  At this point I just have to stay on top of my "check ups" and all should be fine.  I was at one of my check ups the other day and the nurse told me how impressed she was at my persistance.  She said other people in my shoes they have to almost send a car out to pick them up to get them to come to appts.  I can't believe that!  Are these people crazy?  Sure it isn't my favorite past time, but I really like all of my doctors, I trust them, and it isnt' that big of a deal.  GET CHECKED!  ;)

Fluffer

red

for a while I was going in every three months. Now that is persistance. Of course now w/ just one....

As I told SD, I'll never win a wet t-shirt contest!  (lol) (lol)

fluffer

Red,
I go for my checks every three months as well.  Until I have a year of "normal" results then back to normal.  I was perfectly fine until I had a baby,now it is all down hill  ;D 

Sure you could win a wet T shirt contest-  Why don't you just get a boob job  (lol)

As far as I am concerned, they only have 1 use, and once your done having kids their just in the way  ;D  I kind of envy ya Red  (lol)

Take care!!

Fluffer

red

fluffer said:
Red,
I go for my checks every three months as well.  Until I have a year of "normal" results then back to normal.  I was perfectly fine until I had a baby,now it is all down hill  ;D 

Sure you could win a wet T shirt contest-  Why don't you just get a boob job  (lol)

As far as I am concerned, they only have 1 use, and once your done having kids their just in the way  ;D  I kind of envy ya Red  (lol)

Take care!!

Fluffer

Hubby loves me the way I am & it's no big deal to me. didn't have much in first place. I'll think of you fluffer!!!

Red

KCK

red said:
fluffer said:
Red,

Take care!!

Fluffer

Hubby loves me the way I am & it's no big deal to me. didn't have much in first place. I'll think of you fluffer!!!

Red

Thank you both for your honesty and openness. I am not in my 30's  yet, but with it in my family I will not hesitate to get checked and keep up on it. Hearing stories of survival makes it hit home, but also allows others to see that it can be beat. Congrats to you two! Fluffer- I have faith everything will work out because it is all in His hands:)

fluffer

I also am not in my 30's yet and thus far we are just staying ahead of the game.  I have not had anything come back as cancer, and may never, but the possibility is there.  Some of the cells are a bit abnormal from time to time.  With a family history I am not taking chances.  I am a bit bummed, I just found out that my beloved DR is moving to CA the end of the year.  My family Dr retired in Dec of 2007.  Maybe its me  ???

Fluffer

red

fluffer said:
I also am not in my 30's yet and thus far we are just staying ahead of the game.  I have not had anything come back as cancer, and may never, but the possibility is there.  Some of the cells are a bit abnormal from time to time.  With a family history I am not taking chances.  I am a bit bummed, I just found out that my beloved DR is moving to CA the end of the year.  My family Dr retired in Dec of 2007.  Maybe its me  ???

Fluffer

I know what you mean, my gyn retired. I really liked him.

Keep up w/ it. I had about 8 biopsies before it was positive. The worst thing was that I had the same spot biopsied a year before & still felt a lump. when I called the said it was scar tissue & not to worry. I showed it to my family doctor as an after thought & she scheduled me w/ a new surgeon right on the spot.

Red