help! hair dye discontinued

Help Support Steer Planet:

Simmimom

We have been using Roux Young Color to dye my daughter's Simmental heifer.  Show is next week... I don't have enough, product is discontinued and not able to be found ANYWHERE in driving distance.  Plan was to dye her tomorrow.  No time for a Sullivan's order.  What have other people used, purchased where?  She is black (I don't want her blue!!!)

kanshow

We had an issue like that last year.  We went to Walmart & bought Revlon?  No. 10 black and it worked.  It takes a lot of boxes and it doesn't last long but it did the job.

combine54

please educate a non-show person like me....why do you use dye , what part of body, what does its use accomplish vs. non-dyed? Just curious....thanks in advance...

Simmimom

Does the ? mean you are not sure that it is Relvon?  Will it pass a "paper towel" test?

Simmimom

I don't know about others, but we dye before the "beauty" contest known as a show because it removes any red highlights, and just makes the animal look more velvetey.  We generally don't do this for the smaller "jackpot" type shows.

kanshow

The ?  means I think it is Revlon.  I know it was the cheapest hair dye they had.  It will pass the paper towel rub, especially since you are doing it now and will have another wash before showing.

Simmimom

Sorry you won't be there.  Is she still banged up from the Ft. Worth trip?  Heading to the breeder soon?  Stardust will be heading there right after SA?  She's looking good right now.  Was clipped Wed.  Hopefully the ride over goes smoothly.  Last year we had a blowout in the middle of the night.  Glad I wasn't driving!!!

stangs13

Yes she is!! She still looks great, but still hurt. We have her on glucos. now and we are supposed to see results within 10-14 days, and its only been 5 days and shes a lot better. Brought her out today and did some light work she did alright! We have stuff to give her on show day as well, and if she doesnt get better soon she will be sent to the vet for some good stuff...We will get her bred down here, I will get it set up tomorrow, and probably buy semen as well and get her bred the next week or so...In Dew Time! I liked her in her pictures for sure, cant wait to see her in person at houston. Take a look at that nice little simbrah heifer at the side of that simbrah cow Brians nephew has..shes nice. They were grand simbrah again this year.