Help Quick!!! What is the average daily gain for.....

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cherokee

Hogs

lambs

Beef

Goats (if anyone knows)

thanks!!  I need to make sure I have the correct information!!!

txshowlamb

depends on how much your feeding and it varys because how big the animal is and even different breeds very i dont think theres a wayto answer that jmo

farmboy

i think they are talking about from growing to finish. if thats the case it should be around 3 - 3.5. Excellent is 4 pounds a day

txshowlamb

show lambs i found this Knowing the date of the fair that you will be competing in and matching the frame size of your lamb will help immensely with the success of your lamb project. This is not difficult to do and will help make your project look its best on show day. A simple way to know what size your lamb should be is to know the date of your show and the desired show weight for your project. Keep in mind that not all lambs will look their best at the same weight. This is where frame size and the maturity level come into importance in figuring the correct weight for your lamb project. Simply take an average daily gain of 0.50 to 0.75[/u] pound per day of gain and "back figure" what the correct weight should be at purchase time.
off of showrite.com
and this for pigs
A simple way to figure what size your pig should be is to know the date of your show and the desired show weight for your project. Then take an average daily gain of 1.6 to 1.7 pounds and "back figure" what the correct weight should be at purchase time. also from the website www.showrite.com
this for goats
A simple way to figure what size your pig should be is to know the date of your show and the desired show weight for your project. Then take an average daily gain of 1.6 to 1.7 pounds and "back figure" what the correct weight should be at purchase time.
also from the website www.showrite.com
as far as cattle i difind much i dont know if this is and what your looking for but hopefully it is so it will help you out

justme

Do the 3 of you "know" each other or live in the same area?  Almost kinda spooky lol

GRsimm

Hogs should covert 3lbs of grain to 1lb of gain
cattle should be 6-8lbs of grain to 1lb of gain

It all depends on how hard your feeding them and how they are coverting. The more effiecient the better but there is alot more cattle that gain 2lbs a day then 4-5lbs aday thats why some are in the feedlot so long. Also Most backgrounders shoot for 2lbs of gain as well. Hope this helps ya.

BCCC

hogs will gain any where from .5-3 lbs, but the normal is 2 and once they hit 200lbs they really take off

justme

Just seems like Zach, txshowlamb, and Angus boy follow each others questions pretty well.  Hey Zach maybe you could find yourself a girlfriend in the texas girl lol
Just kidding (lol) (angel)

txshowlamb

thats funny (maybe you could find your self a girlfriend in that texas girl) (lol)

Steer Boy 101

aint we getting a lil off subject here that why theres that e harmony crap.. i agree with what the pigs gain and steers.

txshowlamb

maybe a little of subject lol but you have to have fun and yes me and angusboy do  know each other but like he said not like that