HELP What hairspray do you use in the cold??

Help Support Steer Planet:

redwingfarm

We are not blessed with an indoor heated wash area, so we aren't able to rinse much in the cold weather, I'm looking for advice on hair care:  what to spray in, how often, options, mixing and matching  ect.  An advice will be appreciated, we have a nice steer that we will be jackpoting this year and I want to have him looking his best
thanks, thanks, thanks

OH Breeder

We get a bucket heater and put our sprays in hot water when using it at shows. TSC has bucket heaters. Just a 5 gallon bucket and fill with water. Watch the heater will make the water boil and you can get it too hot.

farmboy

:))) that works or if you have one of those torpedo heater things set the stuff on a bucket 6 or 7 feet away from it and that will work too

CAB

I don't know for sure, but I think that they ere asking about daily hair care spray B/C it is too cold where they are located to wash regularly in the winter.

Malinda

Hey Redwing,

I use Double Dip since it does not build up and does not need to be rinsed. Others have suggested how to make your own DD with vinegar.

Sullivan also makes a product that is good for cleaning dirty spots...EZ Clean waterless shampoo. Spray it on the dirty spot , work it in and blow it out.

Stay warm! See you the 7th.

Malinda

OH Breeder

redwingfarm said:
We are not blessed with an indoor heated wash area, so we aren't able to rinse much in the cold weather, I'm looking for advice on hair care:  what to spray in, how often, options, mixing and matching  ect.  An advice will be appreciated, we have a nice steer that we will be jackpoting this year and I want to have him looking his best
thanks, thanks, thanks

I am sorry, I misunderstood the question.

WE mix Kleen Sheen, Conditioner, Vinegar mixed in a bottle and spray on after rinsing. I am just south of you Red Wing. We wash once a week in the winter unless its in the teens or twenties. When I am not out of Double Dip we use that as well.