Like Red said we discussed this a little earlier but here a few examples of questions I've been know to ask:
1. What breed is she?
2. Is she bred?
3. How long is the average cows gestation length? Answer: Depending on breed but around 283-285 days.
4. How long is a normal heat(estrus) cycle? Answer: 21 days
5. What are your plans for her? (For the younger kids)
6. Birth date?
1. Average Rib-eye size?
2. Average Dressing Percentage?
3. How much back fat does it usually take to grade choice if genetics allow?
4. How many pounds a day do you feed him?
And then of course many of the questions that were posted by Ms. Morris.
Then if things are really close between a couple of showmen, I might ask an industry related question about somthing that is currently a hot topic...i.e. in the past things such as COOL, Mad Cow Disease, and now maybe something about the Premise or National Animal I.D.
*These last questions are strictly for older kids, only the senior level. *