help with trailer

Help Support Steer Planet:

coachmac

We are kicking around the idea of buying a trailer.  We show cattle and trail ride horses when we can.  I have looked around for a stock combo trailer that has an adequate living quarters along with tack space.  Ideally, it would have bunk beds and doesnt need a bathroom/shower.  Do any of you drag around something like this and if so, could you fill me in on brand, size, and any ups and downs you have experienced with the trailer.  We thought about it and the cost of the hotel room at some of these shows is pretty steep when you think about it.  While I like to amnities and the room, I like the idea of being able to go camping with the horses with the same trailer.  Basically trying to pull double duty with cattle and horses in one deal.  Any help would be great!  Have a great Christmas everyone! 

cash-n-in

It's always nice to save money any which way you can... I don't balme you one bit since these shows have been raising their prices!!! which is ridiculous considering it was to support younger adults with raising a 4-H or FFA animal... anyway with the trailer... goin to shows most likely you'll be too busy when you want to relax in your trailer... We personally have a 24 ft goosneck and have 18ft for cattle and the rest tack... no living quarters or anything... that way we spend on "cheaper" hotel and can get a little more room then being crammed in a tight spot after a long days hard work... however i guess really it's up to you... the horse camping sounds quite interesting... i don't think you can make a wrong decision on this all i know the bigger the better and more room if you can afford ours is a 24 ft Featherlite with two dividers with sliding doors on then too. While we are at shows we keep our cattle in the trailer... with plenty of room for atleast 4 decent size show calves...

goodluck on your pic..

coachmac

cash-n-in said:
It's always nice to save money any which way you can... I don't balme you one bit since these shows have been raising their prices!!! which is ridiculous considering it was to support younger adults with raising a 4-H or FFA animal... anyway with the trailer... goin to shows most likely you'll be too busy when you want to relax in your trailer... We personally have a 24 ft goosneck and have 18ft for cattle and the rest tack... no living quarters or anything... that way we spend on "cheaper" hotel and can get a little more room then being crammed in a tight spot after a long days hard work... however i guess really it's up to you... the horse camping sounds quite interesting... i don't think you can make a wrong decision on this all i know the bigger the better and more room if you can afford ours is a 24 ft Featherlite with two dividers with sliding doors on then too. While we are at shows we keep our cattle in the trailer... with plenty of room for atleast 4 decent size show calves...

goodluck on your pic..

I understand completely.  Before I got married I was all about cattle, then "I" became all about horses.  And now with the kids I am trying to get my wife weaned off on the cattle.  She likes it a lot but she LOVES her horses so I "love " horses as well.  Camping with them and trail riding is a blast though.  We have a great spot about 20 minutes away so technically we could stay home and go ride, but there is something about camping that just suits us. 

About the avator.... If you only knew how true that is around here.  Thanks though and welcome to SteerPlanet!

steerjock101

The Eby Ruffneck does us  great. We hual show cattle & driving ponies ( not at the same time).  We pressure wash  it after each trip.  keeps the floor clean and smell out.  We had it customized with "runners" to make the stalls as big or as small as we need,  also had a side door put on to load the cattle or ponies in the nose while all the "stuff" is in  the rear.  Hope this helps.