Hendricks County, IN Fairgrounds

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortyjock89

Does anyone know what these fairgrounds are like?  This is where the Purdue AGR preview show is going to be this weekend and its supposed to be COLD.  I have heard that these are new fairgrounds, but I don't know anything about them. Is there a heated place to wash?  How about to show? Just stuff like that basically. Any and all info is appreciated.

Thanks (thumbsup)

cattlejunky

It is a new fairgrounds.  Beef barn is very open and the wash racks are outside.  They do let you stall in the Horse barn.  It is enclosed.  It is about a football field away from the arena.  They start stalling Friday morning.  I am not sure about the washracks in the horse barn.  If you go to Danville, IN Chamber of Commerce site they will have a link to the fairgrounds.  Hope that helps some.  We will look you up this weekend.

cattlejunky

Correction.  I just checked the site and they do not have pics up.  They do have a layout of the fairgrounds that will show you were barns are.  Show will be in the NSSB Arena. 

shortyjock89

Looks like it's going to be a cold weekend.  We'll be there before noon on Friday if all goes well. I believe we'll try to get in the horse barn if it's not all full when we get there.  We'll be stalled with a friend of ours, so it'll be two herfs, a black heifer, and then the 'horn. I'm excited to show, but this weather is getting ridiculous.

garett

Man if ya could have got out this past weekend--it was perfect weather, Mid 60s and that ol' sun shinin' all day--but there was still a little wind

BudE

How's the power situation, can I leave the generator at home?

cattlejunky

BudE said:
I would bring it.  I beleive we had to use ours last year and we were in the beef barn.  you know how it goes if you don't bring it you'll need it.

red

cattlejunky said:
BudE said:
I would bring it.  I beleive we had to use ours last year and we were in the beef barn.  you know how it goes if you don't bring it you'll need it.

you got that right!!!!!!