Herd Bull Time

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortii

I don't have any pictures of him yet but my herd sire is a is a ( Studers Pretender x AF SL Pretty Women ).

I am going to be selling him after this years breeding season is over, he is a 2009 model so he has many years ahead of him. The reason for me selling him is that I have a small herd and I dont have enough room right now to have more than one bull right now.

Gargan

Thanx freddy!! here is a bull calf out of him and a stock yard shorty cow. hes pretty powerful

Attachments

• 090.jpg
    090.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 675

justintime

Here's what we are walking this year:

1) HC Timeline 17T ET - has sired one of the best calf crops ever here in 2012. 100% unassisted births with very moderate BWs.
2) HC FL Touchdown 123T ET
3) HC Bar Code 16X ET - all unassisted births from our heifers except for 1 backwards, upside down and breach calf. His calves BWs from 72-88 lbs
4) Shady Lane Rockstar 9X - 2012 Agribition Champion.

Attachments

• HC Timeline 17T ET 15-05-11SM.jpg
    HC Timeline 17T ET 15-05-11SM.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 231
  • Touchdown sm.jpg
    Touchdown sm.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 209
  • HC Bar Code 16X.jpg
    HC Bar Code 16X.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 268
  • Shady Lane Rockstar 9X April 2012.jpgsm.jpg
    Shady Lane Rockstar 9X April 2012.jpgsm.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 236

thunderdownunder

upthecreek said:
It would not make a very interesting post if I put up a picture of 3 different straws of semen, but I plan to use 3 bulls this yeaar by AI.  Shadybrook Scotty will be used on the heifers.  The others will get either Wolf Willow Major Leroy 1M or Glenford Gus 4H.

Good choices!I ahve one straw of Scotty left that I'm still deliberating over :)

Woodland Farms Show Cattl

Muddy Creek Show Cattle said:
Woodland Farms said:
This is just our clean up bull. we ai everything ONCE and then the bull gets his fun couple weeks later. i just bought him in an online auction this year, hes a pb maine, low birth weight extremely high yearling weight and plent stout i think. just a little big fronted but we have pretty choke necked cows.
Came from Burke's in Nebraska? If so I was impressed by this bull as a heifer bull and was tempted to bid on him.
Ya he's from Burkes, havent got him home yet but i cant wait! Im glad you didnt! lol  i was able to snag him for 1500

Gargan

Woodland Farms said:
Woodland Farms said:
This is just our clean up bull. we ai everything ONCE and then the bull gets his fun couple weeks later. i just bought him in an online auction this year, hes a pb maine, low birth weight extremely high yearling weight and plent stout i think. just a little big fronted but we have pretty choke necked cows.
Came from Burke's in Nebraska? If so I was impressed by this bull as a heifer bull and was tempted to bid on him.
Ya he's from Burkes, havent got him home yet but i cant wait! Im glad you didnt! lol  i was able to snag him for 1500

what a deal, i calf may pay for him..lol congrats!!

Woodland Farms Show Cattl

Gargan said:
Woodland Farms said:
Woodland Farms said:
what a deal, i calf may pay for him..lol congrats!!
Haha ya! thats how i talked myself into buuying him.. i missed 5 cows last year, cant afford to do that again wheni only have 20

HAB

Here is our main herd bull- Pericles- pictured in Denver 2012 as an 8 yr old.  We will use him on the main Galloway cowherd, and most of the Angus cows.

We will be using semen off of an old 1990 model Galloway bull on our Pericles heifers, and a couple of our red cows.

Attachments

• nwssPericles2012.jpg
    nwssPericles2012.jpg
    803.4 KB · Views: 247

SAR

Brilliance x Buschwacker

Sedgewcks Powerstroke x G13 Structure

Attachments

• lot7a - QLC Powerstroke P215W .jpg
    lot7a - QLC Powerstroke P215W .jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 981
  • Bar R Brilliance.jpg
    Bar R Brilliance.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 396

RyanChandler

HAB said:
Here is our main herd bull- Pericles- pictured in Denver 2012 as an 8 yr old.  We will use him on the main Galloway cowherd, and most of the Angus cows.

We will be using semen off of an old 1990 model Galloway bull on our Pericles heifers, and a couple of our red cows.

3X Grand Champion! He is a great looking bull-  How's the breed as far as shedding off? do they?

HAB

-XBAR- said:
HAB said:

3X Grand Champion! He is a great looking bull-   How's the breed as far as shedding off? do they?

Thanks

Yes, Galloways shed off.  Some bloodlines more than others.  Attached is a picture of Pericles last August and a cow from a few summers ago.

Attachments

• gallowaybullsummer.jpg
    gallowaybullsummer.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 225
  • 21summerhaircoat.jpg
    21summerhaircoat.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 210

Boot Jack Bulls

This is our lead Limousin bull, Boot Jack Titan 09x.

Attachments

• Titan 2012.jpg
    Titan 2012.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 265
  • IMG_5397_email_hurtgen.jpg
    IMG_5397_email_hurtgen.jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 235

Boot Jack Bulls

I dug up some more.

1. Boot Jack Maxum- PB Angus- BR Midlan x MeadoWest Nadine

2. Boot Jack Guiness- Lim Flex- Boot Jack Abraham x Boot Jack Chewy

Attachments

• IMG_3875 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_3875 - Copy.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 747
  • KB12-1-3693 - Copy.jpg
    KB12-1-3693 - Copy.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 748

Aussie

The young sire I will be using .There are some great bulls being used out there. Makes you wonder why AI sells so well when you see the quality of some of these herd bulls

Attachments

• G64-12m.jpg
    G64-12m.jpg
    519.1 KB · Views: 488
  • G64buttsp.jpg
    G64buttsp.jpg
    450.5 KB · Views: 502

tcf

wiseguy said:
Our newest addition Saskvalley Imperative 33x!!!!!! :)

this was my pic of the Saskvalley Sale too! He looked awesome, found him in a heart beat walking down the pens. The sale was hot too!

wiseguy

Thanks! I did a lot of research and talked to alot of people before we decided to buy him. The biggest factor was that his mother is still producing at 10 years of age under some very tough conditions. After 3 weeks of waiting I get to final see him on Friday. I can't wait!