Herd reduction

Help Support Steer Planet:

jchumley

Because of the drought here in Texas, I need to reduce my herd by about 15 head. They are maine/angus based clubbie type cows bred to a half brother of Ali and will calve starting this month through January. Price varies depending on how many you purchase, $1000/head to $1500/head. You can reach me at 936-661-2568. James

blackwellfarms

Just a FYI -  the Texas Maine Anjou Assoc. is having a sale on Oct 11th selling Maine/Maine influenced cattle in Athens.  We are looking for more cattle to put in it.  If you are interested post back and I can get you in the contact with the main person. 

jchumley

Please do give me some info on the sale in Athens. Most of these cows are registered maines.

Joe Boy

On our farm in Wilbarger County, TX we had 7 inches of rain from the second week of August to the second week of August this year.  I got 2 inches last week and it was the largest rain I had had in over a year and we have no hay.  I plowed my ground for the first time in a year this week and plowed up lots of large clods.  It has rained spotted rains around us, but we have just missed them.  I have not mowed my yard since mid May.  My brother turned off the irrigation wells in June due to a lack of rain water to help.