here is our steer..

Help Support Steer Planet:

jasper

I hope the pics rent to big. tried to make them small. Tell me what ya think. We have had alot of rain today, so he's not brushed and fluffy.

Attachments

• 100_0937.JPG
    100_0937.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 466
  • 100_0933.JPG
    100_0933.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 480

knabe

i usually don't like the breeding guessing game.  to me, this steer is base narrow, has a decent hip on him, needs lot's more fat, may be difficult to get it down low in the twist.  he looks like he would be able to keep fresh as he looks like he was cut early and appropriate.  he looks a little weak behind the shoulders.  he needs a sweat collar.  he's got a heatwavy stifle low hockset on him and looks like he burns hair off easy.  he's a little pinched in the heartgirth with his shoulder point out and his elbows in so he's probably slightly t legged, so you might want to watch his front feet as he gets fatter.  to me, he kinda looks like two steers, cut down the middle.  all that said, i think he could be a good fat steer timed correctly.

jasper

Thank you all for the replies.  Knabe, I don't know what all this means that you put in your reply. What is t- leg.
I'll do some searching. Does he need the collar because he is fat around the neck ?
the meaning of 2 steers cut down the middle ? does that mean that he is broader on 1 side than the other or is it common (suppose to be that way)
is it cause when he's laying down, he's laying on 1 side more than the other ? what do we do  to fix it?
thank you all !!
Jasper