Hereford bull/ steer calf

Help Support Steer Planet:

paj315

Here is our hereford bull calf out of a first calf heifer and a bull a close friend raised called X Man . We are pretty please with him. He weighed 67 lbs at birth but has grown like crazy. Born in January and already up at the feed trough. Pretty sure we are going to make a steer out of him to sell. What do you think of him

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 266

HerefordGuy

I like him. Like the way he holds his head and his rib shape. Wish he had a little more muscle shape. How thick is he from the rear? Should make a nice steer project.

paj315

Thanks for the comment. He is plenty thick and moves really free and easy . Like I said he is out of a first calf heifer my son showed so it's pretty rewarding to finally see all the hard work pay off with our first set of calves. We aren't really into the whole steer thing right now mostly trying to breed for high quality heifers to show and make cows out of.  The crackerjack heifer I posted on here is really nice . But we are planning on keeping her for my daughter to show as a calf this summer since this will be her first year showing

bim1986

Looks like he would make a good project for your daughter.  We showed quite a few herefords, hard to compete in open classes but always been a fan of showing them.