Hereford Steer..........pics

Help Support Steer Planet:

CPL

What do you guys think of this guy? I gave him his first round of shots today and just thought I'd post pictures of him. He's a day or two shy of 3 months. I have the creep feeder up and loaded, but he's not interested. They'll all be switching pastures in about a week, and I probably won't move it so he'll have no grain until weaning. He might be my 4-H project, or I may try to get him sold this fall depending on what he turns out like. So what do you guys think? Good, bad, ugly? Thanks in advance...Christian

701U_3.jpg

701U_4.jpg

Here is mom:

4P_1.jpg

showsteerdlux

Very nice calf imho. I also like mom quite well. What is the breeding on her? Since he doesnt seem interested in the creep if you arent doing so already you might want to make sure he has good free choice minerals and vitamins.

Lindsey Farms

I really like his mom alot what is her breedering. what is the steer out of. You should see him improve greatly once on regular feed

CPL

Thanks, I REALLY like mom too. She is sort of what I'm striving for. She's easy fleshing, has a nice udder, has plenty of depth and spring to her rib, and she has a big hip. She's fairly structural correct, but if I could change her I'd lengthen her up and smooth her shoulders just a tad. She could also come down in frame a bit, but I think thats personal preference, not a fault. There's really nothing special in her breeding. She herself is a granddaughter of JR TRM DRF A82 Rivl D188 ( http://reedent.com/reedent/cattle/jbulls/jrd188.html ). Her dam is a granddaughter of GK Turning Point X53 ( http://reedent.com/reedent/cattle/gbulls/gkx53.html ). Neither of those bulls should blow anyone's skirt up, but they are a litte older genetics though. Her and my other cow are bred to a moderate framed Feltons Domino 774 sired bull and I'm really excited for the calves next year. The steer is out of a TRM bred bull. He is a grandson of THR TRM Thor 7088 and his granddam is the TRM donor cow Sis 334. If he follows his half sister he will change ALOT at weaning and that is when I'll be putting him on feed, so I guess I'll really have to wait until then to see how he does. Thanks, christian.