Hereford X Pinzgauer Bull Calf. What do you think?

Help Support Steer Planet:

lucyluver

Please tell me what you think....if i would do good showing him...?  Tell me what you think on a scale of 1-10....ten being the best! Thanks :-*

ANY OFFERS? May sell...

Attachments

• Romania and Lil' red 920.JPG
    Romania and Lil' red 920.JPG
    818.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Romania and Lil' red 921.JPG
    Romania and Lil' red 921.JPG
    802.4 KB · Views: 42

lucyluver

ok well obviously,...but that's besides the point...what does everyone think about him?

GoWyo

Well -- he will make a good freezer beef.  Show calf, probably not a ton of potential.  He needs to be bigger boned and thicker muscled.  I would put him on pasture and go look for a show steer.  Or, if you have several of his kind, run them all through the auction barn and use the money for a show steer.  Get someone who shows to help you when you pick out a steer.

lucyluver

well, Did i mention that he was just weaned one week ago and is only 4 months old. He weighs about 250 lbs in the picture.

lucyluver

lucyluver said:
ok well obviously,...but that's besides the point...what does everyone think about him?
Well, what do u think of him as a show cow?

AStar

I'll be honest with you. He is not of show quality. You can't show him as a bull because of his x breeding and if shown as a steer the 3 way cross exotics would over power him in mass, bone, hair and general phenotype.
There are several good reasonably priced steers on SP that would give you a good chance at purple, but you gotta Feed'em before you Lead'em

forbes family farms

I don't really like him. He would be a better market beef prospect than anything. Go find your self a show steer that was good structure and soundness and this is not what that steer has. He would be a 5 or 5.5 based on the 1 to 10 scale.

OH Breeder

Depends on what kind of shows you are talking about. It is obvious you take pride in him and have washed him etc. It is a tough market the show calf business. I still haven't figured it out. I think this little fella might make a feeder but not a show calf. He is probably going to get out massed in the show. I say you feed him a while and invest in another calf for showing purposes. There are alot of calves right here on steerplanet that would work for you. What area will you be showing in? What part of the country? What level do you plan on showing? There are alot of resources here at your disposal to help you with a calf.

Diamond

he will make a great beef steer, but hes not going to pin in the ring. What we do is raise cattle for beef and cattle for show, there is a big diff. in the two. Your best bet is to find a show calf, But dont be afraid to show him if he is all you have.

lucyluver

OH Breeder said:
Depends on what kind of shows you are talking about. It is obvious you take pride in him and have washed him etc. It is a tough market the show calf business. I still haven't figured it out. I think this little fella might make a feeder but not a show calf. He is probably going to get out massed in the show. I say you feed him a while and invest in another calf for showing purposes. There are alot of calves right here on steerplanet that would work for you. What area will you be showing in? What part of the country? What level do you plan on showing? There are alot of resources here at your disposal to help you with a calf.

I would just show him at my one smaller local fair...not any prospect shows or anything...

shortyjock89

He won't make a show calf. We can't show crossed up bulls at our local fair, or any other show we go to.

bolt

I would say go for it and have fun that what its all about.  Not a great one but good place to start.  I would go for the rate of gain side of it that has its own sales where we show. 

Bulldaddy

May make a good learning steer for a county show if he is gentle.  Otherwise, I would rate him a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10.  Just not enough bone, muscle or power to place near the top in most shows.