here's the steer.. again

Help Support Steer Planet:

jasper

OK.. here is my son's steer.  I have tried to reduce pic size. I hope it worked. Last time I tried to fix the pic, it looked like I had about 10 different steers in the pics. We had just finished drying him (of course it started to sprinkle) We have not clipped him yet. Going to a clinic this weekend.. In advance.. if the pics arent right I'm sorry.. But, we are very proud of the little man. He has worked so hard to tend to this steer !!
Have a wonderful day everyone. <cowboy>

Attachments

• 101_0303.JPG
    101_0303.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 529
  • 101_0305.JPG
    101_0305.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 535
  • 101_0306.JPG
    101_0306.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 529
  • 101_0303.JPG
    101_0303.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 524

red

he's a nice steer. Not sure I like his top line. Try to get a better picture when he's not fighting the halter.

Looks he's got great hair too!

Red

vc

Looks like a good solid steer, he won't jackpot well but he should make a good fat steer. He looks alto like my youngest first steer, he should feed real well.

SKF

Are you going to the steirwalt clinic this weekend?  By the way the steer looks good!

jasper

no, we are going to the one in G'viile, put on by UF.  Wanted to come to that one but, things didnt work out.

SKF

jasper said:
no, we are going to the one in G'viile, put on by UF.  Wanted to come to that one but, things didnt work out.

What clinic is UF having? My daughter is going to the steirwalt one this weekend.

jasper

Sent ya email SKF. It is put put on by there bits & breidle group.

GLZ

Holy hairball.  He has a ton of hair.

Hard to tell much from him.  In the third picture it looks like he has a lot of length, but in the last picture it looks like he is a bit short bodied.  

He is going to look a lot different clipped up.

jasper

StillLearning said:
Holy hairball.  He has a ton of hair.

Hard to tell much from him.  In the third picture it looks like he has a lot of length, but in the last picture it looks like he is a bit short bodied.  

He is going to look a lot different clipped up.

Thank You SL,
  Yep, I've got a brand new pair of clippers..just waiting ;D we have a show here next weekend 14th. He is a little short bodied. My steer skills go this far... "he's pretty" LOL . We are so green.... but we're learning.

SueBee

I'd really like the info on the UF clinic.  We wanted to attend the Steirwalt - but a little out of our price range.  Thanks!

jasper

Ok.. here ya go (cow)
UF Block and Bridle Beef show clinic
Ocala, Fl this saturday. I dont know if they will be having another.
no phone # only this email. hope that helps.
email [email protected]

ShowmanQ

Jive Turkey said:
red said:
he's a nice steer.

You're being exceptionally kind.

I for one think that the steer has potentail to be a good fat. I do agree that he may not jackpot really well, but God knows I have had those in my barn as well. For a project in the early years of showing, it is more important for your son to work hard and get comfortable with his project. Having fun with it in the early years it what will enstill in him a passion for showing cattle and cause him to have a desire to become more competitive later on in his career. Good luck and be sure to keep us updated on the progress of the calf and the youngster. (clapping)

jasper

This steer is  a market steer. While he will go to a couple of shows, it's  just for the experience of getting into the ring.I should have c arified that in the beginning. Next year we are hoping to "upgrade" but, since this is his (our) first time,  this is the choice we made. thank you all again.
Jive Turkey said:
red said:
he's a nice steer.

You're being exceptionally kind.

I for one think that the steer has potentail to be a good fat. I do agree that he may not jackpot really well, but God knows I have had those in my barn as well. For a project in the early years of showing, it is more important for your son to work hard and get comfortable with his project. Having fun with it in the early years it what will enstill in him a passion for showing cattle and cause him to have a desire to become more competitive later on in his career. Good luck and be sure to keep us updated on the progress of the calf and the youngster. (clapping)
[/quote]