hey DL i heard you were a sabres fan...

Help Support Steer Planet:

nysteerguy

thats exactly what we need a continuing list of Sabre supporters YEEHAW!!!

-NYER

genes

dragon lady said:
Y Are you cheering for the Canucks?

Am I ever....Stayed up til 3:30 last night to watch all FOUR overtimes.  At least I got tired enough after 2 overtimes that my nerves went away.  But at least they won, and even if not, I'd take that over a shootout any day.

Actually all last nights games ended up the way I'd prefer :)  And I entered a couple of pools I had a good night in. (Especially the one where goalies earn points for how many shots you get...Luongo had 76!!)

DL

genes said:
dragon lady said:
Y Are you cheering for the Canucks?

Am I ever....Stayed up til 3:30 last night to watch all FOUR overtimes.  At least I got tired enough after 2 overtimes that my nerves went away.  But at least they won, and even if not, I'd take that over a shootout any day.

Actually all last nights games ended up the way I'd prefer :)  And I entered a couple of pools I had a good night in. (Especially the one where goalies earn points for how many shots you get...Luongo had 76!!)

WOW! He is an impressive goalie to be sure. I am rooting for the Canucks but I am hoping the Penguins can squish the Senators now that their 18 year olds have had one night of play off experience maybe they won't look like deer in the headlights!

Go Sabres!! Thanks Austin - cheer often and loudly! NYeer - do you get the games on TV? dl

red

Sounds like the Columbus Blue Jackets are firing their former couch & now general manager; Doug MacLean.
In their 8 year history, they're the only NHL team that has never made it to the playoffs!  ::)

Maybe we need DL as our new coach!!!

Red

genes

Tis the season.  All the teams who don't make the playoffs or go out too early start looking to "clean house".  In Columbus's case, yeah, probably time.  But don't worry Red, Hitchcock has a pretty good history.  I predict you make the playoffs next year.

nysteerguy

Sabres did it again...they are well on their way.  Oh and yes DL while I'm at school I can see the games but when I am home our cable company does not hold the Versus or Madison Square Garden Channels which the games have been on. 

DL

nysteerguy said:
Sabres did it again...they are well on their way.  Oh and yes DL while I'm at school I can see the games but when I am home our cable company does not hold the Versus or Madison Square Garden Channels which the games have been on. 

Hey NYer - they look pretty good don't they! The advantage of being out here is that we see all the games. I remember a long time ago when the Bills were in the AFC and playing for the Championship - the boyfriend and I "won" the 2 tickets - all the rest of the family went to a hotel in Rochester - it snowed, the Bills lost and I think the Rochester crowd had a heck of a time - we froze and couldn't see much thru the flakes! The Sabres are a really interesting team - great depth - fabulous puck handling, finesse, thinking players - I love to watch them skate! There isn't a single player I don't like (this would be in contrast to some other teams - ie Neal) but Tallinder is my favorite - Zubrus has been a great addition. They are having a 25% off sale on "real jearseys" - there aren't any Sabres jerseys!! Gotta love it! dl

DL

Hey NYer - hope you got to see the game - 19000 in the aud, 9000 outside on the plaza! No wonder you can't buy Sabres shirts - everyone in BFLO has one! Sabres tied in last 19 sec (Drury) and  won in overtime (Afinogenov) - maybe they can beat the Ranges in NY on SUnday - fingers crossed! DL