Hey Jill

Help Support Steer Planet:

itk

I just got back from the state fair and watching the shorty show. I got a chance to look at the Grand and Res. Steers in the little red barn and was wondering how the rest of the steer show went as far as quality. I thought Kyle's calf looked tremendous and Hrabes calf was ultra stout. Was also wondering who won the Jr. Shorty show and what Hrabes calf was out of.

Jill

This is probably the deepest set of steers we have had at the fair, there were a lot of really good steers that didn't even make it out of class, so that is pretty exciting to see for the state.  Herman's have a really nice one, Bergkamp's was really nice should look even better with a little more weight, and there were several others, that crossbred division was tough, Wichita should be interesting.
The Shorthorn show was different, not really better or worse just seemed like a different style of heifer from the past years.  Austin Shideler was Grand and Chad Atwood was Reserve.
Congratulations to all that showed, it was a very good show. 

pigguy

did you see a red cross steer. shown by the jarnigans. i think josh showed him but jayde may have