Hey Knabe , here's a Maine bull for you.

Help Support Steer Planet:

Doc

There is a Maine bull advertised in this month's Shorthorn Country. Says he is sired by Tendon(says new French bloodline) out of Maintou Countess 45G. He's asking $25k for full possesion and 1/2 semen rights. Those bloodlines mean anything to you? Red and white bull.

knabe

tendon is a bull that has semen imported to the US and Australia, born 2002  he's a double muscle carrier if i remember correctly.  he may not be, there was one that wasn't.
http://www.maine-anjou.fr/uploads/rte/File/RougePres_fichesTaureaux/Tendon.pdf

here he is
http://abri.une.edu.au/online/cgi-bin/i4.dll?1=20352036&2=2420&3=56&5=2B3C2B3C3A&6=59245C5A5826222426&9=5C525D5C

was it really 25,000 or 2,500 and who is the seller, gary?

maybe you could make a scan if there is a picture.  

he was shown as a calf i believe at the nov 2012 agribition

http://www.cattleinmotion.com/files/SP/121123MaineShow.pdf

doc-sun

Doc said:
There is a Maine bull advertised in this month's Shorthorn Country. Says he is sired by Tendon(says new French bloodline) out of Maintou Countess 45G. He's asking $25k for full possesion and 1/2 semen rights. Those bloodlines mean anything to you? Red and white bull.
is shorthorn country online somewhere so you could see the ad?

Doc

doc-sun said:
Doc said:
is shorthorn country online somewhere so you could see the ad?

No, they've never have posted their issues on-line. If I get a chance I will try to scan it.

knabe

doc-sun

We are showing a fullblood son of Reno along with our Index son at the ft worth fullblood show

doc-sun

We also have 5 fullblood heifers bred to our kuda son that had a 75 lb birthweight. 2 of the heifers are polled so we are hoping for a polled bull calf next fall. Also have a yearling performance tested kuda son for sale.

Telos

Doc-Son. Do you have the pedigree on the Reno son that you're taking to FW? Really like Manitou Reno's pedigree. And have you tested for PHA status on him?

doc-sun

Telos said:
Doc-Son. Do you have the pedigree on the Reno son that you're taking to FW? Really like Manitou Reno's pedigree. And have you tested for PHA status on him?
Search manitou's Yukon on cmaa or amma. No pha test but see no problem

doc-sun

knabe said:
is there any shorthorn action at fort worth?
it looks as if there is no sale as per the stock show, ntl association, shorthorn country and Texas association websites. the show is Sunday 2-3-13 at 9am. the maine show is the same day at 2pm. cattle are there 1-31 thru 2-3.

doc-sun

doc-sun said:
Telos said:
Search manitou's Yukon on cmaa or amma. No pha test but see no problem
amaa #430204; cmaa #515178 ; here is a pic:

Attachments

• yukon.JPG
    yukon.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 275

doc-sun

Doc said:
doc-sun, I really like your bull. Love the dark red and he sure looks like he has some meat to him.
thanks. the picture really doesn't do him justice in showing the amount of volume he has. he is very sound, big footed and covers his track well when you can get him to not be so lazy. i bought half of him from gary graham, a good friend who has the bull for sale in shorthorn country, from looking at calf and yearling pictures. he said he tracked and i thought based on phenotype, pedigree and my diet he could do well. we brought him down last may. gary and i see cattle alike, but he favors big ol' good uns. the new french bloodlines he has have produced good cattle, but may be too big for me (i haven't seen enough of them yet though).

Telos

Doc-sun. Really like how your bull looks on the profile. Appears very smooth made and well put together in his parts with good outcross potential. Look forward to seeing him at FW.

Doc

sjcattleco said:
I saw that AD in the SC.... Is that guy on drugs??? $25000 for that thing?  I guess you can ask whatever you want..

Yea, it's kind of like when Les on Pawn Stars asks someone what they want for something? They usually reply " I've seen them on Ebay for $5000". He then replys , yea but what are they bringing on Ebay?

doc-sun

Doc said:
sjcattleco said:
I saw that AD in the SC.... Is that guy on drugs??? $25000 for that thing?  I guess you can ask whatever you want..

Yea, it's kind of like when Les on Pawn Stars asks someone what they want for something? They usually reply " I've seen them on Ebay for $5000". He then replys , yea but what are they bringing on Ebay?
gary graham is a good cattleman and raises good cattle that he is very passionate about and hopefully the unwarranted drug comment is just a metaphor? sometimes he likes to shake things up because he does not like small clubby underperforming maine cattle, black or roan, because the breed characteristics have been bred out of them. you may not like the red & white bull which he may think will work on small clubby roan cows or price he advertised but you won't forget the ad or manitou maines and the good cattle they have. the yukon bull above came from the same place as well as kuda (look at his picture above).

doc-sun

Telos said:
Doc-sun. Really like how your bull looks on the profile. Appears very smooth made and well put together in his parts with good outcross potential. Look forward to seeing him at FW.
picture of him as calf and of reno, his sire. 3rd pic is pallidan, our danigo x manitou simrose 8s donor cow on the hermosacattle.com website.

Attachments

• yukoncalf.JPG
    yukoncalf.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 197
  • reno.JPG
    reno.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 304
  • pallidan.JPG
    pallidan.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 637

Latest posts