Hey Texans---what's the name of the Steakhouse in Ft. Worth??

Help Support Steer Planet:

oakbar

When we were in Texas we stayed at the old Stockyards Inn in Ft. Worth.  It was kind of fun for a night or two.    While we were there we ate at the steakhouse around the corner from Booger Red's(the one with the pictures of all the former Stock Show winners on the wall) and I can't remember the name of the place.  Was  it just called the Cattlemen's or is there a different name??    Wonderful service, great steaks, and some of the best onion rings anywhere!!  Can't wait to get back to Ft Worth!!

inthebarnagain

When we were there we ate at the Star restaurant, it was not much bigger than a bar but they were known for their steaks.  They sold T-shirts that said "The best steaks in Dallas are in Fort Worth at the Star restaurant".  They weren't wrong either.  It was right on the main drag through Fort Worth.

BIGTEX

There are two good steakhouses. Cattleman's and H3. H3 is one of my favorites. They have great atmosphere, great food and where can you see a cowboy riding a Texas Longhorn down the street. I used to work for a company out of Mass. and I always took them there, they loved it!

chambero

I don't know which steakhouse you are talking about because I apparently haven't been in that one.

But...

H3 gets my vote also.  A little secret is they are open for breakfast on the weekends and their breakfasts (specifically their biscuits and chicken fried steak and eggs) are better than any I've had anywhere.