HF Prowler vs. HF Tiger

Help Support Steer Planet:

b_kackley

Opinions on which is the better bull. HF Prowler or HF Tiger. I have seen calves out of both, but not many. I also have not seen any mature prowler daughters. Any input is welcome. I am going to use one of them. I just do not know which one. I will be using them on Simmental and Sim x cows to produce replacement females. Low birth weight is important. Thanks in advance for any responses.

kiblercattle

I have you used tiger quite a bit and a home raised son even more here. I really like the tiger cattle. The tiger bulls here have been deep and soft looking with enough width, big nuts and big good feet. They don't have as much base width as I hoped but they aren't narrow by any means. my oldest daughters are raising their second calves and they are doing one hell of a job. Great udders big hipped and big middled type cows. If I could fault them in any way I wish they had a little more length but that's getting picky.

cowboy_nyk

kiblercattle is right.  As far as a proven commodity, Tiger is an easy choice.  Daughters in production have been very good and bull calves are very marketable.  You could assume Prowler will do the same but until I see some progeny I'd go with the proven bull. Just my 2 cents.