HF Tiger 5 T v HF EL Tigre 28U which is better ?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Aussie

These two bulls are full brothers and I have had different comments good and bad about both. Any comments ?

Aussie

Tiger 5T
El Tigre

TC ADVANTAGE
SANDY BAR ADVANTAGE 43M
    SANDY BAR JEMINA 44K9
Sire: HF KODIAK 5R
    VERMILION YELLOWSTONE
  WILBAR RUBY 955N
    WILBAR RUBY 161J

CONNEALY FOREFRONT
  TC FREEDOM 104
    T C RUBY 9095
Dam: HF ECHO 84R
    RIVERBEND POWERLINE 0050
  HFDF ECHO 6N
    HF ECHO 83J

Attachments

• Tiger5T.jpg
    Tiger5T.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 1,268
  • El%20Tigre.jpg
    El%20Tigre.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 735

Aussie

I was hoping someone could give me some feedback on progeny. I have heard El Tigre is a bigger bull and stretches his calves out a bit more and give them more neck extention.
Both bulls have done well. Here are some show results
El Tigre
• National Western Stock Show: Reserve Senior Champion Bull
• Farmfair: Bull Calf Champion
• World Angus Forum: Senior Yearling Champion: Bull Calf Champion
Tiger
• Agribition: Grand Champion Angus Bull & SUPREME CHAMPION
• Farmfair: Supreme Champion Bull & Dodge Truck Winner!!
• Grand Champion Bull : Summer Sizzler 2008
• Grand Champion Yearling Bull : World Angus Forum

vcsf

Aussie, this isn't going to be much help to you but I remember looking at both bulls at Agribition 2009 in the stall and personally I preferred El Tigre but I truthfully do not remember for what all reasons.  I do remember watching Tiger going to tie outs and thinking that he had some movement issues but these are not uncommon in a big bull after being tied up all day and I know one breeder I greatly respect said that Hamiltons always had him moving good on show days.  As far as progeny that Tiger calves have definitely had success and I believe that there was only one El Tigre shown at Agribition last year. 

To me the best thing about these two bulls is the cow family as the Echo family would have to be considered one of the best in Canada for the last fifteen years back to the original Duralta Echo who was truly outstanding in my opinion and this has continued down the line.

ds

Full brothers but real different bulls. Tiger will transmit alot of muscle shape and overall body mass with a pleasing profile along with being easy fleshing. He won't add any extension to the front ends but they're not plain fronted either. El Tigre is a bigger,longer and flatter sided bull with a later maturing growth curve. Doesn't possess the muscle mass and body capacity of Tiger.

OLD WORLD SHORTIE

this is a hard decision, still haven't made my mind up yet. Im leaning towards El Tigre but they could be switched just as easily. <rock>