HHFS Dream Weaver (Shorthorn Bull) Anyone know anything about him?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Shorthorn_Junkie

Does anyone know anything about him or ever used him? 

All I know is that he is a son of Marellan Super Dazzler. 

Thanks.
SJ

justintime

Dream Weaver has been used in Canada by quite a few breeders. He is a roan son of Marellan Super Dazzler and his dam is a Kaehler bred female that goes back to Improver 57th. Dream Weaver is TH free. He is also 100 % ( no asterisk on paper) . He is an easy calving sire that sired good performance and his calves are growthy. Some calves may not have the pizzazz to be super competitive on the US show scene, but some look pretty good. His daughters are becoming very popular as they are making very good brood cows... fertile, good udders, lots of milk, productive and cross well with many types of sires.

NHR

We have used him and like the females we got sired by him. The females are not the current show type but they are good females that have awesome udders, frame score of 6.5 to 7.0, and fertile as they get. They wean good heavy calves and re-breed faster then any cow I have ever had. If you are looking for commercial genetics this is the way to go. He sired a couple steers for he NAILE a couple years ago that did okay in the show ring but dominated the carcass results.

Shorthorn_Junkie

Looked his pedigree up and noticed he also has a lot of Dual Breeding on his mother's side.

I was able to trace "Scottshill Major Clark" at least 4 different times in his mother's pedigree.  That would probably explain why his progeny has such good udders.  I'm also sure the Deerpark Improver 57th influence has a lot to do with his carcass quality.

Got to see some online pictures of his females.  They sure are pretty, and put together very well. 

NHR

Plus Roy Lovaas is a great guy to talk to. He keeps very good records and I know he used to retain ownership of his steers all the way to the packing plant so he could have all the carcass details.