High priced show animals

Help Support Steer Planet:

Joe Boy

"The News" magazine had a story about Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum, the son of Dubai's ruler, who paid a mere $2.7 million for the finest camel in that wealthy land.  The camel will be used for racing and/or to compete in camel beauty pageants (livestock shows).  I thought that some of our herd sires were selling for lots of money until I read this.

justintime

It is hard to get your head around some of the wealth that is being generated in the oil patch. I have been told that some of the new oil wells being drilled here in Canada have paid for the drilling costs before they can get all the drilling pipe pulled out of the ground. With the cost of drilling an oil well, usually exceeding half a million, consider what kind of money is generated from a new well in the next 4 or 5 years. That alone is mind boggling. Anyone who is fortunate to have some oil rights, is also making a small fortune in a short while. One of my neighbours told me he is getting a million a week from his oil. That would certainly take the edge off trying to figure out where the next payment is coming from.

Doc

justintime said:
One of my neighbours told me he is getting a million a week from his oil. That would certainly take the edge off trying to figure out where the next payment is coming from.

Hey JIT, Tell him I've got some cows I would make him a deal on! lol With a mil a week at least he ought to be able to feed & haul them.

JbarL

justintime said:
It is hard to get your head around some of the wealth that is being generated in the oil patch. I have been told that some of the new oil wells being drilled here in Canada have paid for the drilling costs before they can get all the drilling pipe pulled out of the ground. With the cost of drilling an oil well, usually exceeding half a million, consider what kind of money is generated from a new well in the next 4 or 5 years. That alone is mind boggling. Anyone who is fortunate to have some oil rights, is also making a small fortune in a short while. One of my neighbours told me he is getting a million a week from his oil. That would certainly take the edge off trying to figure out where the next payment is coming from.
ive got royalties on 6 wells ( nat gas/oil) in wva. and  these monthly checks  dont relfect anything that resembles the "boom" in oil and nat gas prices overseas and here at the pump and home/industrial costs....wva/virgina/kentucky are  the saudi arabia's of coal, and nat gas......but of coarse we all know that those resorces are better left unused, ...phoey...jbarl

bradycreek

Well...if corn, fertilizer, and everything else keeps going up it'll take a million $ baby (calf) to pay for the inputs.

Joe Boy

The parts man at the local Allis dealer left to go to southern Idaho for a job of $500 per day handling the parts for an oil company.