High Profile

Help Support Steer Planet:

Ric

Has anyone had or seen any calves out of this bull?

Smith

Ric,

We breed four units last Spring and ended up with only one heifer calf.  For more details about the bull I suggest contacting Chad Thompson (see Thompson Show Steers linked off of ShowSteers . com for contact info).  He raised him and was leasing him back when I spoke with him last Spring.

Here is what I can tell you about the one calf we have.  Obviously this is a very small sample and your results may vary.  She is out of a taller TH free, all black Heat Seeker cow.  In general the calf followed the make-up of the cow.  She was born somewhat leggy and finer boned.  We did not capture a birth weight but as I recall was born unassisted.  She is all black with decent hair (more hair than her dam).  As the calf has grown she has improved and started to fill out into her frame.  She has good depth and body length but a little shorter necked than what I expected from the cow.  She has an average amount of muscle.

Based upon this one calf I would expect him to throw calves that follow the cow.  I would not expect him to down size or add bone.  I would expect him to maybe add a little hair and maintain good body length.

Hopefully this helps you.  I was anticipating snapping a picture for you over the weekend but wasn't able to find the time.  Feel free to check back later to see how she is doing.

Latest posts