High Standards Female Sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

dwyercattle

New videos are currently being added for the 2010 High Standards Female Sale, to be held November 6 at 6:30 pm in Harrod, OH. Videos can be found at http://www.youtube.com/user/dwyercattle . The sale catalog will be posted online on Monday at www.jonesshowcattle.com . This sale features Maine Anjou, Simmental, Chi, & Angus Genetics. 77 head of cattle and one flush will be offered on November 6th.

Sparty-On

Looks like a pretty strong set.  Does anyone know how their bred heifers usually sell?  What do they average? 

dwyercattle

Sparty-On said:
Looks like a pretty strong set.  Does anyone know how their bred heifers usually sell?  What do they average? 

In past High Standards Sale's the bred heifers have averaged from $3000 - $5800, with only 10 - 15 head being sold. This year we will be offering 28 bred heifers so the average could change quite a bit. I would guess the bred heifers will bring from $1800 - $10,000+, depending on if sexed semen was used (as well as quality of course). All of the bred heifers are confirmed AI bred, and the bred heifer videos will be posted, starting next week.

dwyercattle

All of the open heifer videos are now available. Bred Heifers will be uploaded on Monday October 11th.

ColdWthr

Is it just my computer, or are those videos distorted? Everything looks short bodied and just not real enjoyable to view.

OH Breeder

ColdWthr said:
Is it just my computer, or are those videos distorted? Everything looks short bodied and just not real enjoyable to view.

I was going to ask the very same thing. I think the resolution is off. The video is bunched up and makes everything look short bodied and squatty.