Highlander

Help Support Steer Planet:

lowann

This is a picture of my Daughter's Highlander heifer. First calf out of her Sin City heifer. 60lbs at birth March 17th. Growing like a weed.
She isn't much, but her low birth weight, and weekly growth rate has been pretty impressive. Easy birth for a first time Momma!

Attachments

• 100_0607.jpg
    100_0607.jpg
    830 KB · Views: 164

lowann

No, she doesn't have allot of hair, and she doesn't enough bone for me. But I estimate her weight now at around 165lbs. She is pretty stout for a little fart.

shortyjock89

If his first set of calves aren't that hairy, then he's not going to get a lot of use I don't think.  I would rather use a bull like Lut or Northern Improvement and not sacrifice much hair and still get Calving Ease.

lowann

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
If his first set of calves aren't that hairy, then he's not going to get a lot of use I don't think.  I would rather use a bull like Lut or Northern Improvement and not sacrifice much hair and still get Calving Ease.
We had a Northern Improvement heifer calf a few years ago out of a Chill Factor/Friction cow, that was small (around 75lbs), and about the same amount of hair on her as this little heifer.

farmboy

that heifer reminds me of a heifer we kept last year and bred to shiver bit didnt stick, bull got her. deep bodied and very feminine type heifer

ropy- thats a golden child heifer

Attachments

• newcalvesandcowsmay24 020-400.jpg
    newcalvesandcowsmay24 020-400.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 471
  • cows 039.jpg
    cows 039.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 581

lowann

The calf in my Avatar is a Golden Child heifer we kept back as a replacement. She lost her calf this spring, but is nursing a Monopoly steer that lost his Mother. I will have to post pictures of the Monopoly steers we have. Pretty happy with them.

lowann

zach said:
that heifer reminds me of a heifer we kept last year and bred to shiver bit didnt stick, bull got her. deep bodied and very feminine type heifer

ropy- thats a golden child heifer
Yup Zach, she does remind me allot of the Highlander heifer! Hope she turns out that good!

CAB

Nice heifer.Thanks for posting up the pic. I was wondering what they might look like. Brent

lowann

CAB said:
  Nice heifer.Thanks for posting up the pic. I was wondering what they might look like. Brent
Thanks! My Daughter is the only one of our kids that enjoys and raises cattle. She will love hearing any comments on her. I will post a picture of her Blue Blood steer, out of a Pa Du Suds/ reg Angus cow. He will sell in our Nov 1st club calf sale along with ours.

lowann

Here is a picture of my Daughter's Blue Blood steer. Not a real good picture of him, but he's pretty thick. I like him. He's a week younger than the Highlander heifer.

Attachments

• 100_0611.jpg
    100_0611.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 154