Hill Country Classic Sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

sue

Catalog looks great. Out cross  outcross  outcross <party>

jaimiediamond

(pop) I really like the offering for this sale (clapping)  Once I have completed my wish list I will post it!  Beautiful Shorthorns and some Speckle Parks that make me want to dabble in another breed...

rarebirdz

A lot of depth in this ofering I really like the roan bull calf and most of the breds

queenie 1

Thanks for posting the pics & video Jamie !! Very happy that he worked Well for You  !! Colin's Sugar Plum Cow is a Terrific Cow. She just keeps on producing the Good Ones .

sue

queenie 1 said:
We now have the Video of all the Hill Country Sale Lots on You Tube !! :)

Can you post the sale cattle link? 

queenie 1

The Sale Video Links are on the Sales Page on matlockshorthorns website . I'm not to good at figuring this all out. There are 4 parts to watch . (dog)  <cowboy>

sue

"refresH' works....

Hey I love that you included the dams of each young herdsire in the videos too.    Again dont overlook this total total outcross offering .  Watched some of the videos and will finish up later. It's all natural, not overfit or over fed just right.  Cant wait to see in person. Promise me sunshine cool to mid 50 degrees?

jaimiediamond

queenie 1 said:
Thanks for posting the pics & video Jamie !! Very happy that he worked Well for You  !! Colin's Sugar Plum Cow is a Terrific Cow. She just keeps on producing the Good Ones .

Not a problem we have plenty of other examples of how well the Sniper bull worked :)  <beer>

Okotoks

jaimiediamond said:
rarebirdz said:
A lot of depth in this ofering I really like the roan bull calf and most of the breds

3 years ago we purchased the roan bull calf's maternal brother Matlock Red Sniper 1U attached is a video of two of his heifer calves and a picture of the roan bulls dam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsEJQ5J-Qzs
Here is a photo of Matlock Outlaw 4Y's sire, Saskvalley Primo 40P.
          SASKVALLEY CLYDE 12E -M465368- 
      SASKVALLEY ULTRA 12J X-[CAN]M468295-   
          SASKVALLEY LILY 170F X-F667617- 
  SASKVALLEY PRIMO 40P X-[CAN]M471022-     
          ALTA CEDAR SIGNATURE 80K X-[CAN]M468312- 
      SASKVALLEY PATSY 250M X-[CAN]F677963-   
          SASKVALLEY PATSY 84D -F663734- 
MATLOCK OUTLAW 4Y        
          SUTHERLAND BUNDABERG X-[CAN]M469499- 
      FRIMLEY PILSNER 5P X-[CAN]M471229-   
          FRIMLEY LOVELY DAWN 14L X-[CAN]F676286- 
  CIRCLE M CANDY'S SUGAR PLUM 6S X-[CAN]F682138-     
          DIAMOND CAPTAIN MARK 27C X-M463603- 
      CIRCLE M CANDY'S NUGGET 8N -[CAN]F678729-   
        J J JENETICS CANDY 1C X-F661250

Attachments

• Saskvalley Primo 40P.jpg
    Saskvalley Primo 40P.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 528
  • page2.jpg
    page2.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 226

jaimiediamond

My wish list is complete :)

CMH 4Y the roan bull (Candy)
EEG 20X The Clare yearling
CJH 73X The Sherry yearling
CDH 1Y The Whitney heifer calf
PHF 1X Ummix

Cowfarmer65

3060 South McNaughton Rd. Douglas, ON. Can.
Nice picks Jaimie. There is a world of opportunity in this sale. I have 2 Matlock cows in my pastures, who without a doubt are my best cows, easy keeping, eye appealing and great mothers.
Look closely at the 1X bred yearlings pedigree. She's out of a full sister to Matlock NL Lisa, Little Cedar can fill you in on her. One of the heifer calves is out of a maternal sister.
For anyone willing to think outside the box, look at the Speckle Parks. My wife and I selected 5 lots from this sale 2 years ago and have never regretted it for a second.
Congrats queenie1, just when I thought last years sale offering was the best I'd ever seen, you upped the ante. Can't wait to get a chance at one of those bull calves. Do I go for the Ripper son for a complete outcross, the Primo son that I know the track record of Primo and the fantastic maternal from Sugar Plum, or the Panther son, who I know and have seen the consistancy of SixS Panther?...........Decisions, decisions.

jaimiediamond

Cowfarmer65 said:
Nice picks Jaimie. There is a world of opportunity in this sale. I have 2 Matlock cows in my pastures, who without a doubt are my best cows, easy keeping, eye appealing and great mothers.
Look closely at the 1X bred yearlings pedigree. She's out of a full sister to Matlock NL Lisa, Little Cedar can fill you in on her. One of the heifer calves is out of a maternal sister.
For anyone willing to think outside the box, look at the Speckle Parks. My wife and I selected 5 lots from this sale 2 years ago and have never regretted it for a second.
Congrats queenie1, just when I thought last years sale offering was the best I'd ever seen, you upped the ante. Can't wait to get a chance at one of those bull calves. Do I go for the Ripper son for a complete outcross, the Primo son that I know the track record of Primo and the fantastic maternal from Sugar Plum, or the Panther son, who I know and have seen the consistancy of SixS Panther?...........Decisions, decisions.

The good news about this particular offering no matter which decision the buyer makes they are going to be getting excellent value for their money.  All the consignors have beautiful cattle that have been proven to work for many generations.  <beer>

vstrilchuk

I'm really looking forward to this sale, there are a lot of wonderful looking animals for sale.  I'm really interested in the appendix free shorthorns, there is no other way to go.

sue

Looking forward to that trip myself.  The deepest offering of outcross shorthorn genetics this fall.