Hired Man

Help Support Steer Planet:

AML

What are some of his strengths/ weaknesses? Will he add frame size? How have his calves been? Thanks

greenbean

I don't have much experience with him, we had one calf out of Hired Man this spring and in our case he definitely added frame size, talked with trausch's herd man this spring and before I could tell him what we had he said "it didn't work at all did it."  He claims to breed him like you would hannibal and you should come out just fine.  Talked with other breeder's this fall at sale time and had a few say they had tried him and would just as soon dump the stuff on the ground.  I'd say if you had a cow that hannibal would work on Hired Man would be worth a shot, otherwise in my opinion there are better options for bulls out there.  Just my 2 cents. 

AML

Here's a picture of the cow I need to breed tonight. She has Habanero/Draft Pick on the dam side and is by Full Flush. Someone had suggested Hired Man -- just haven't heard too much about his calves.  Any other suggestions would be helpful. I have a good assortment of semen.

Attachments

• paige.jpg
    paige.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 505

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
Myself an others have had trouble with calves having bad disposition , we had one that is dam good but we can't handle him. I remember when Cris came to sell me semen an he never did push Hired Man semen , recomended other bulls an I appreciate that cause these things do happen, not all bulls are meant to be bulls ....