Hockey miracle??

Help Support Steer Planet:

DL

OK, you new guys might not realize it but I am a serious BFLO Sabres hockey fan (NYer is too!) and we even got Red (and hubby to watch) - there are other closet and not so closet hockey fans here.

Well the Sabres were great all year - highest scoring team, won the presidents trophy etc etc - favored to win the cup (that would be Stanley) - beat the NY Islanders and then the Rangers on there way to the conference playoff with Ottawa - and then the Sabres left - no one knew where they went  :'( :'(- there were guys on the ice that had on the uniform but the magic was gone - they were down 3 -0 in a best of 7 - it looked bad - people were unhappy

The coach said that every 33 years or so there is a hockey miracle - in 1943 Toronto came from a 3 game deficit to win the series, in 1974 the Islanders did -now it is 2007

anyhow someone must have found the Sabres because they scored in the 1st 9 seconds and won game 4 (3 to 2) - it is now back to BFLO! The fans are cheered, Go Sabres!!
(clapping) (clapping)

shortyjock89

DL- I saw that on ESPN.  I sure hope that the Sabre's can come back to win it.  I haven't seen them play that much this year (I only watch hockey occaisionally).  If they could pull it off, then I say we have a celebration of sorts....not sure what it could be, but I'm sure you would be partying at home if it happened.  Good Luck to them!

red

What DL a hockey fan? would have never guessed it!!!
Great going, they had me panicing for a while!

Red

knabe

DL,  that's how i felt with the sharks, number one or close on power plays, and then against a bunch of older men, they seemed like they were more intent on exhausting and pounding them rather than outscoring them.  really disgusting how two of those goals by detroit were on out of postion plays.  that one guy should have NEVER gotten by the defensemen to get a clean dink on goal.  brains wins.

Chap

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OaM-igPvhbs
check out this Sabres rally cry on youtube.  to the sound of Bulushi's Animal house rally cry.  Questionable language.

Show Heifer

I am hurting with you DL! :'( :'(
It was a good game, although I know NOTHING about hockey. Just like showing cattle....guess there is always next year! ;)

stick

dl, just remember every Cub's fan three word vocabulary....wait'll next year!!!  ;D ;D ;D

austin

Be happy your team made it this far! the sabres had a great season. I'm a kc chief fan btw.

DL

Thanks guys! Buffalo fans are tought, doesn't anybody remember Scotty Norwood (the Bills kicker who missed the winning field in the last seconds of the Super Bowl - bet he still feels like a goat! ;D...after the first one we don't remember why they lost the next couple in a row!)

Sabres had a great run - unfortunately they were mostly absent for the playoffs - and Ottawa played great - I think I might have to cheer for them.......

Latest posts