Homo. Poll Homo. BLK Clubbie Bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

SSIMMENTALS

OK Heres a doozie :eek: Does anyone know of a clubby bull that is homo polled and homo blk. needs to specialize in fronts and hair. the size and body are right, just need to choke up the front, add some hair, and possibly get a little squarer. THANKS A BUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!! Sarah

showsteerdlux

I'm pretty sure that Carnac is Homo. black. Don't know about being Homo. polled but highly doubt it.
Homo. Polled as follows- Checks In the Mail, Live Wire, Money Talks, Carnac
Total Solution may be both not sure maybe someone else does.

RSC

afhm said:
From what I've seen Carnac may be close to homo crippled, Checks is not homo polled
You might be right from what I've heard but on pb cows I have seen him work real well.  Seen 2 on PB Angus that were very functional.  I have seen 2 on PB CHars that were as good as I've seen.  Carnac on a PB Char works better than HW, IMO.  THe smokes were very sound, great disposition and good hair and color.

RSC

sunny

Who Made Who comes to mind, I think he hits all those requirements, plus TH and PHA free.  He always seems to cross well on simmes, not sure that's what you're planning, but just guessing from your name :)

showsteerdlux

Who is not homo. black or polled. I have seen calves out of him that look like holsteins and reds and smokes. Also seen horned calves out of him.

red

there are some really good % Maine bulls that fit your need. Gigolo Joe is one that tops my list right now. I like my Hard Core heifer but he is not homo black. Is The Man both?

Red

SSIMMENTALS

thanks for the suggestions.  Who carries the Gigolo Joe bull? I've heard of all the rest(didn't know homo black polled status), but im not familiar with him.
THANKS AGAIN,
SARAH ;D ;D

Jill

SEK-Here is the complete list from the 2008 Catalog-Gigolo Joe doesn't have either by his name, I would say he hasn't had enough of a test at print time to guarantee, or they haven't had him tested, but I sure would put him on my list, really like the bull.
Ali-Homo, Black-Polled
Strictly Business-Homo Black
Bouncer-Polled, Homo Solid Black
Money Man-Homo Black
Payoff-Homo Polled
Jazz-Homo Black
Mitten Man-Homo Black
Way Cool-Homo Black
Hard Drive-Homo Black-Polled
No Secrets-Homo Black-Polled
Clean Cut-Polled, Homo Black
Smokin Joe-Polled, Homo Black
Nobleman-Homo Black, Solid
Mainstay-Homo Black
Carnac-Homo Black
Bold Statement-Homo Black-Polled
Pale Face-Homo Black
Money Talks-Homo Black
Mr. Clean-Homo Black, Solid
Priceless-Homo Black-Polled
Goldkey-Homo Black
Full of 602-Homo Black
Johnny Cash-Homo Black-Polled/scurred
Star Power-Homo Black-Polled
Simme Valley Macho As U-Homo Black-Polled
3C Picasso-Homo Black-Polled
True Dream-Homo Polled
Theobold 969-Homo Black-Scurred

DL

Not on the list is Calberta Black Impact - nice fronts, black, polled (probably not homozygous polled - not many Maines are) - calves are square, correct, nice functional females often very showy - good steers - Double clean. Theobald 696 is the only registered Simmie bull that is a PHA carrier - from Stinger...

afhm

I know Ali is listed as homo black, but I have a red calf out of him that is definately a ai calf, no exposure to a clean up bull and born on the right date.  We always check  and double check semen when we breed.  The only thing I can think of is they put the wrong label on the semen.  Our ai pasture is completely surround by highways on all 4 sides so an unnoticed visitor is highly unlikely.  If we keep the calf I will dna it and let all of you know the out come.  We have also had a few Ali calves with scurs.