Hoof Trimming Chute (Cows and Yearlings)

Help Support Steer Planet:

common sense

I have a great hoof trimming chute for sale. It's from Finger Lakes Manufacturing and is like new.  I have used it for cattle, bulls and show cattle.  It's really nice because you don't have to throw them over on a table and it gets the animal in a position where EVERYONE is safe!  With the number of cows that I have I just can't rationalize keeping it. I paid $3000 (with shipping) new and it is in GREAT condition.  I am asking $2250 and would consider helping with delivery near/around central Iowa.  I have attached some pictures of a new one and can get pictures of the actual chute...which is like new too...when/if it ever stops raining. Please feel free to ask any questions or visit the manufacturers website, http://www.flseq.com/side.htm

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 539
  • show-side.jpg
    show-side.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 531
  • front1.jpg
    front1.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 520

DKC

I am interested in seeing how it works, do you have any pictures of when you are using it. ???

SWMO

Common Sense  - Do younger hotter-tempered cattle fight this method of trimming?  I just see holsteins in a different light temperment wise than some of our beef cattle.

common sense

SWMO said:
Common Sense  - Do younger hotter-tempered cattle fight this method of trimming?  I just see holsteins in a different light temperment wise than some of our beef cattle.

LOL, good question.  That's why I bought it because I have some cows that aren't old show babies and I always hated hauling them 30 or more miles to the nearest vet and then trying to herd them into the electric table and fighting with them.  This set up works just like a working chute.  I could run the cow in and catch her in the headgate.  Then there is a butt gate that shuts behind them.  A belly band secures them without actually lifting them completely off their feet.  This thing was designed to keep you from getting your head kicked off.  I really have gotten more use out of it for treating foot rot or injuries because I can put a hind foot up and work on the other feet without getting kicked.  And the nice thing is that the cow isn't fighting me.  I always worry about putting a full size cow over on a table when she is pregnant or lactating.  I think tables are really nice for most cirumstances but for me it was just a huge convenience to have this setup here when I needed it. Hope that answers your question.

common sense

DKC said:
I am interested in seeing how it works, do you have any pictures of when you are using it. ???

I don't have any personal pictures of my own but if you go to the website I listed above you can see some pictures of the them using it on a Holstein cow.  Actually, I think those are pictures of a much older model as my chute has a much nicer setup for the hind legs and mine has a "poo deflector" so that you aren't getting covered while you work on them.  The belly band makes it really easy on the cow because they just can't fight.  I love the way the hing leg is imobilized and that you can just sit on a bucket and get a nice square look at the entire foot without getting kicked.  Let me know if you have trouble finding the pictures.

OH Breeder

Common Sense,
I use to have a hoof trimmer that used one of these. NOt this exactly model. It was great. He did the PBR bulls when they came to Ohio in his. I never knew where it came from. As far as size how big or small can you put in yours? I don't think I'd be close enough but am thinking for myself. I have a guy in our neighborhood that would be willing to show me how to do my own feet.

Thanks
OH B

common sense

OH Breeder said:
Common Sense,
I use to have a hoof trimmer that used one of these. NOt this exactly model. It was great. He did the PBR bulls when they came to Ohio in his. I never knew where it came from. As far as size how big or small can you put in yours? I don't think I'd be close enough but am thinking for myself. I have a guy in our neighborhood that would be willing to show me how to do my own feet.

Thanks
OH B

The self-catching headgate has some adjustment to it.  I have put 400-500 lb calves in it but you can't use the rear leg holder.  I would say that to use it according to specs you would be able to do 750 lbs to 2000 lbs. That's a rough estimate but mostly it's length of the animal.  I did a bull once but had to halter him as his neck was too thick to get caught right. 

Latest posts