Hoof trimming made easy

Help Support Steer Planet:

common sense

I just wanted to let anyone know that I have placed a hoof trimming chute ad in the classified section.  It's a GREAT piece of equipment and works great on cattle and yearlings.  If you HATE having to haul your cattle somewhere else or just want to have a safe way to work on hoof issues this is a great piece of equipment.  It's really different than what most people are used to but is much less stressful for cattle so if you have any questions...let me know.

red

we use one too. I like how we can do it here ourselves. The bro-in-law has gotten quite good at it actually.

Red

TJ

red said:
we use one too. I like how we can do it here ourselves. The bro-in-law has gotten quite good at it actually.

Red
I have a phobia of trimming hooves.  We actually have an antique table & I've tried it a time or 2, but I am just not confident enough to do anything major.  The guy who usually trims my calves to does a much better job than I can.  Is it really pretty easy?  Any advice or good instructional videos or anything?     

common sense

The manufacturer of the chute actually has a video they offer.  Doing feet on show calves vs. doing feet on cows is a little different thing. You don't have to worry so much about the finer details.  I got along great with it by know the basics of foot care. I used it when I had cows that needed their long toes worked on, had foot rot or injury, or just needed to have thier feet touched up.  It's a self catching head gate so actually used it for doing some other types of work.

Latest posts