Hoop barns

Help Support Steer Planet:

LLBUX

I'm considering building a smaller 36' x 48' hoop barn for use as a calving/show barn and to store hay, straw and feed.   

I have contacted a couple of hoop building manufacturers and they have not returned emails/phone calls.

What are your experiences/thoughts about hoop buildings for livestock?

Are there any manufacturers near Illinois that would build one less than 100' long?

There was a thread about two years ago with some good info, hoping to find out more.

Thank you!

kfacres

If you want to know about Hoop buildings.. call Adams Co NRCS- talk to Matt.. Tell him Jody told you to ask.. they have built SEVERAL in last 2 years... 

There are plenty who will make them shorter than 100'

PS:  I have not assisted with any of THOSE projects-- but i can point you to some to check out...  Although, I have assisted with adams Co on several projects...  and I myself checked into putting up a hoop through B&B from Campoint, IL.

lightnin4

I serve on t he board of a local therapeutic horseback riding program and about 10 years ago we decided to build a Coverall building to enclose our riding arena.  It's been a really good investment and has held up as advertised.  In my opinion it would be great for a cattle/show barn.  I think Coverall was bought out by Norseman Structures a few years ago.

justme

if I had the $ I'd put one up today.  They are so nice.  They are so "bright" in them during the day, and the air flow is great in them.