Horseflies

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

I want to make it know, that I HATE horseflies! They are starting to come out in full force here in Ohio. They bite me, the cattle & are just a pain in the butt! I like cooler weather because then you don't have them so bad.
For some reason they think our brown garage door is a horse & we usually have them thick on the porch. I need to start working w/ the heifers ealier so I don't get bothered by them
What bugs/pest do you have in the summer that is a pain too?

Red

justme

I hate June bugs too!  Here in Missouri they should be called.....MayJuneJuly bugs  June my butt! (lol)

Horseflies are coming out thick here too Red.  I hate them.  Always seem to land on that spot on my back where my arms cann't reach

cowz

We have deer flies.  Nasty, blood sucking, evil creatures.  They fly into your eyes and nose.  They sneak into the cab of your tractor and bleed you dry!!!!

We rotate pastures this time of year when the creeks start to dry up.......makes moving cows across soggy places sheer h- e- double toothpicks!

Attachments

• deer fly.jpg
    deer fly.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 161

red

yes, we have those nasty little flies here too. They bite worse that horseflies do. Hate them all!!!!

Red

desertcattle

We have no see ums. They get under your clothes and keep biting you. They sting like a bee and they just keep biting you, you run around screaming and removing your clothes looking for them but all you see is red welts. Instant relief is a cold hose. 

ROAD WARRIOR

horse flies, deer flies, mosquitos, nats, chiggers, ticks - got em all, a virtual smorgassboard for blood suckers!