Houdini -- re-born in bovine form!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cowboy

I recently had the privoledge of obtaining a new donor for residency here, from a rather long distance away. Nice cow, easy to be around -- however.............., she seems to be either REALLY sart, or extremely athetlic.

For the last three mornings in a row -- at daylight, all the donors are out happily running around our 2 acre yard as if they were on speed! There is only ONE gate to the donor pen that is locked with a slide bar and then also a chain with a good slider hook on it. It takes two hands to open this gate -- but it has been open for the last three days in a row.

I know which cow it is  -- and I am contemplating setting up a trail cam to prove it -- any of you NORTHERN folks like to guess which cow it might be?????????????????????????????

First time in 5 years -- both for the cow and the gate! Just a morning anecdote to brighten the day!

Terry

ROMAX

I have a cow that will find any hole in any fenceand be out,shes an ex show heifer so you can just go up and throw a halter on her an put her back,although it does get old after awhile.

frostback

I think everyone has one  of these. Mine is a shorthorn ex-show heifer named Roberta. Can open any gate and find a small hole or loose fence. We called the owners of our next pasture and they said everything was ready and "NOT TO BRING BACK ROBERTA" every other cow we have is welcome. I told them that Roberta was in jail in the Iron corral with a bull and she will be there till she calves, and maybe after too if need be. I found that the only thing she cannot open is a halter tied gate. Clips and chain can be figuered out. Good luck  and would love to see the video of her doing her deed.Frostie.

Cowboy

Yup RW -- she is no called "" Houdine-etta! "" As well a few other things  I won't mention here!

I think she was pre-programed to keep me - ah --- AGITATED

Trust me, she will pay for her deeds -- I will get even. !! hehehe

I caught her tonight trying it again, she simply walks up to that gate -- bows her neck -- and starts rubbing like no tomorrow until it either gives -- or she gets tired of trying. She got tired first tonight! A sight to behold -- she is one smart cow fer certain. Let's see if she can unlock that new combination Master Lock attached to the 1.5 inch x 15 inch chain!    CHECK MATE

Terry

Jury is still out though -- watch for future issues of Houdini-etta !

ROAD WARRIOR

You should have known that the females on this ranch all have a little attitude! RW

braunvieh

So, are all the girls enjoying Houdini-etta and the new found freedom she has brought????  I'll be looking for the next installment of the saga.....

Cowboy

RW -- you know you are right -- I had forgotten about the OTHER element you have to endure! Poor guy -- totally out numbered!

Hey Braunvieh -- you could say it was a MULTI-colored event! Your favorite friend says hello -- with a sheepish GRIN on her face! By the way -- she can run faster than you'd imagine -- she just needs incentive!

All is well for the moment -- but it's sill dark! She may be working on the third number by now though!

Terry

ROAD WARRIOR

Terry - you could station Nate on horseback by the gate! ;) If you didn't have gates that swing it wouldn't be a problem! She's not used to all of those new fangled things like that. RW