Houston

Help Support Steer Planet:

kimbaljd

Since Houston is under way, I thought I would start a post about it. Anybody with results or anykind of comments are welcome. My daughter and I are headed out there tomorrow to spend the day. Going to watch the Charolais and the Red Brangus cattle, then watch Hannah Montana to finish the day off.

red

wow! that is so cool! were tickets hard to get for her show? In columbus they sold out in a matter of minutes.

Red

chambero

We've got calves we sold headed there today.  Finished clipping yesterday.  I'm headed down Thursday.  Everything we've got going shows Friday.

kimbaljd

red said:
wow! that is so cool! were tickets hard to get for her show? In columbus they sold out in a matter of minutes.

Red

They sold out in a matter of minutes. I have a friend that bought season tickets to the Rodeo so he gave me two for the face value. Sold the other two for $300. I paid $40. My kiddo is pumped up and ready to go.

red

kimbaljd said:
red said:

Red

They sold out in a matter of minutes. I have a friend that bought season tickets to the Rodeo so he gave me two for the face value. Sold the other two for $300. I paid $40. My kiddo is pumped up and ready to go.

Wow, who'd a thought the guy that sang Achey Breaky Heart would have a daughter that was such a hot ticket???

kimbaljd

red said:
kimbaljd said:
red said:

Red

The Achy Breaky Kid made an appearance with Miley. He sang a few songs by himself and a couple with her. Pretty good show. Little girls everywhere. They are so very loud!

Wow, who'd a thought the guy that sang Achey Breaky Heart would have a daughter that was such a hot ticket???

Simmymom1

(clapping)  My daughter will be showing her Simmental heifer on Thursday, March 20th.  She also has the TJLA awards banquet to attend on Wednesday the 19th and she is so excited to be getting her first TJLA jacket!!!  Red- we also went yesterday to see Hannah Montana ( I used my dad's badge) and it was soooo loud, those girls go crazy for her.  We had alot of fun!!

Simmymom1

chambero said:
It's not easy to win those jackets anymore.  Congratultions.

Thanks chambero - she really worked hard this year and I am very proud of her!!  (cow)

kimbaljd

Simmymom1 said:
  (clapping)  My daughter will be showing her Simmental heifer on Thursday, March 20th.  She also has the TJLA awards banquet to attend on Wednesday the 19th and she is so excited to be getting her first TJLA jacket!!!  Red- we also went yesterday to see Hannah Montana ( I used my dad's badge) and it was soooo loud, those girls go crazy for her.  We had alot of fun!!

The girls are very loud, but I was suprised by the number of boys and older kids there.

blackwellfarms

I think the TJLA banquet is Tuesday (If I am wrong please tell me just hate for one of us to miss it) - my wife is taking my son and daughter to it.  We are not showing but they are going on spring vacation while I stay here and work and feed the girls.  My daughter is also in the Simmental division and son Maine.

Simmymom1

blackwellfarms said:
I think the TJLA banquet is Tuesday (If I am wrong please tell me just hate for one of us to miss it) - my wife is taking my son and daughter to it.  We are not showing but they are going on spring vacation while I stay here and work and feed the girls.  My daughter is also in the Simmental division and son Maine.

Blackwellfarms -  (angel)  Thank you so much for the "right' information.... I had wrote it down wrong on my calendar here at work, it is on Tuesday at 12:00 noon.  My daughter just made it in at the #10 spot, this was her first year to show and now she is hooked!! She is really excited about showing at Houston, she had a great time in Fort Worth but I think Houston will be better since it is so much closer to us!!  Have a great day, and again a BIG thank you!!!

Simmymom1

daydreamingacres said:
I hpoe you all do well and have a good time! what is TJLA? Thanks

Hi, TJLA is the Texas Junior Livestock Association.  They have an awards banquet at Houston for the top 10 kids in each breed in their division.  It is a wonderful organization with great people that are involved for the kids!! 
:)

TJ

I've kidnapped (<--- joke) Shortyjock89 A.K.A. Olsen Family Shorthorns & we are heading to Houston tomorrow with 4 Lowlines.