how are the facilties at Grand Island

Help Support Steer Planet:

clgcattle45x

With grand Island Neb. hosting most of major junior Heifer showsHow are the new barns and the pavilion. Is it worth going over for the Nebraska State Fair showing. Tell the good and bad points

Cattle Cards

Only thing I heard was there's really bad phone reception in the barn area.  That can be frustrating, but then again, you're there to show.  Sorry, I wish I knew more.
<cowboy>

SWMO

There is nothing to compain about.  Great facilities. Wash Racks are second to none. They just need to learn to clean the barn at night rather than during the mornings.  Expecially on show mornings.

COWgirls

Highly recommend.  Barn, washracks, and show ring - nice, nice, nice.  Trailer parking and tie-outs ample.  Only complaint is they need water in the tie out areas.  Walk to tie-outs was reasonable so watering on the way was not a huge inconvenience.  WiFi ok.  Hot spots and not, but was not a concern since that wasn't top priority.  Plenty of hotels and eating close-by.  Recommended eating --Texas T-Bone, Bennett's, and La Cabana's (all in same strip mall near fair grounds).  Generators only needed outside.  No problems with electricity inside.  Again, highly recommended.

Will

It is a great facility.  Like the earlier poster said the wash rack and stalls are very nice.  It was designed for a livestock show and the small details of the facility really show the though that was put into the design.  I agree to make it perfect they could have water in the tie outs but that is a very small inconvenience.  The show ring is large enough and the seating around the ring makes it easy to see the entire ring.  I wish we had that facility in our State. As added bonus the people of Grand Island were  welcoming to us while we were their.  When we have showed at other large venues like Denver Louisville or Kansas city as cattle exhibitors you are just a few more dirty vacationers.  It seemed the people of Grand Island were truly glad to have us in town.  If I was in the State or close I would definitely make the state fair.

shorthornmn

I couldn't Really complain about much when we were out there for a week at Shorthorn junior nationals. The one hydrant near us actually broke mid week but they fixed it right away. When we got there tie out space was limited as we had to find room to tie out 7 head, but they ended up putting up more gates. For the Shorthorn the original plan was to tie out by states however the state fair people said they would hang up signs but didn't.  The wash racks were just plain awesome and the "big ass" fans Really battled up the 100 + temps for the week. The show ring was Really great being air conditioned and all. The electrical and plug ins were abundant and we only blew a circuit once at the begining of the week.

bcosu

my favorite thing was how the stall panels that you tie to are made with sections to screw side panels into them as well as fan hangers. it made set up a breeze, pun intended.