How do you revive?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Dozer45

In your washing routine, on the days that you use revive how thick do you put it on? just a mist or do you really put it on?

FutureBreeder2013

I did it 2-3 times per week after rinsing. I didnt spray it on to heavy because of the heat and humidity. I sprayed just enought to see where it was then brushed it in.

OH Breeder

This is the way we have used it.
We rinse and wash. spray with kleen sheen. Blow out. Spray with Revive brush in and blow out. We don't revive every day but we do kleen sheen mixture with every rinse. I am sure everyone has a little different approach.

herfchic

I put it on every night when they are still a little damp.  The only exception to that is if it is extremely hot and humid. 

Eberth

Don't ever use revive or any other type of oil based product during the summer months, it holds the heat in and makes the calves hot. Stick with a sheen that's more water based unless you plan on rinsing it out before you turn them out at night.

BCCC

Hair Moisturizer by Healthy Hair Care(can pick it off Jeffers Equine) is great for conditioning the hair in the summer and winter. It is concentrated, put about an inch in the bottom of a spray bottle and fill the rest with either kleen sheen or water(some people like one better than the other) It great, it contains Lanolin and it doesn't weigh down the hair or build up heat like revive and other oily products. After you mix it with kleen sheen it looks identicle to Zoom Bloom, just an FYI.

Eberth

Bccc is exactly right the only oil we will use ever during the summer is the healthy hair mixed with Kleen sheen it is good stuff.

OLD WORLD SHORTIE

No no dont use Revive in the summer, that is crazy. Well just dont use too much, likely to burn the hair right of your heifer if your in Texas and they ever see the sunlight.
Nope not for me, i would just use Kleen Sheen or Laser Sheen mixed with some vinegar, and spray that into them and stick them in front of two fans with a stall with no direct sunlight and misters.
I seen a heifer lose a lot of hair this summer, because a kid saw another kid using revive and decided to do the same in 100 degree weather. Im talkin that hifer was greasy looking. What ever you do go easy on the revive and i never spray it on the legs.