how do you train hair

Help Support Steer Planet:

pigguy

how do you all get you calves hair trained, and what are some good ways to get it to stand on end O0

red

work! Lots of blowing & rinshing the best policy. I also use the roto-brush on the entire body at least once a week & daily on the legs. Jusy keep blowing the calf. You need to blow them out completely & the blow some more. I actually get carpal tunnel this time of year.
I also use Revive when the weather starts to get cooler. It really helps to give that pop!
After all your work you can join me in the hair dance!  O0

Red

Rocky Hill Simmental

Lots of brushing. I've never blown them too much because my advisor said it causes slipt ends but I'm not sure. To get my calves hair to stand on end, I've been using Sullivan's Revive. I just started using but only at home but next week is the big show so their getting there. You should my hairy simmental heifer, she looks like a little black bear. lol

red

Actually, I've found that when you blow the hair our it is more easy to manage. I try to use a conditioner daily so don't really have the problem w/ spilt ends. I don't use soap everyday though. Also like I said I use the Revive product daily once it cools down.

Red

Rocky Hill Simmental

Thanks. :) I'll have to start blowing them off more then because they love it (My heifers do anyway - my steer hates the noise but he's not affaid of it). What conditioner product would you recommend for cattle?

I use Sullivan's Clear Choice once a week except on the lighter colored ones, I use Bright Lights (I think that was the name of it. I'm only showing black/black white faces this year).

red

What I do is put regular cheap conditioner in a foamer. Add vinegar to dilute & spray on. rinse as needed. You can also put the conditioner & vinegar in a spray bottle.
Like I said, I just use what's on sale. For my shampoo, I use eZall body wash. It doesn't have to be completley rinsed out & I've also seen less ringworm when using it.

Red