How does the soybean crop look in your area?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Woody

We were really late putting them in this year,but all in all they look dang good. We have had a lot of heat and water.  There arent too many fields that dont look good at this point.  I dont know what you get for a yield there but we are usually in the 40bu range and I would bet that this year there might be some in the 50 area if the weather holds up.

worthabit

Woody said:
We were really late putting them in this year,but all in all they look dang good. We have had a lot of heat and water.  There arent too many fields that dont look good at this point.  I dont know what you get for a yield there but we are usually in the 40bu range and I would bet that this year there might be some in the 50 area if the weather holds up.
The average around here would be 50 and we got some in the 60 last year. The feed grade look good but some of the IP varieties grown for Japan do not look that great.

3dfarms

We've been blessed this year with at least one good rain a week.  That has been good for our hay crop, pastures, beans and corn.  Hoping for solid yields this fall.

WKYIronMike

Early Beans here look pretty well, the beans behind wheat gonna have a hard time making it without a wet August and September. Our plants look really well and just started blooming here recently. May and half of June was really nice here with rainfall, but July was Bone Dry. Had some rain here to kick off August so I'm keeping my fingers cross. We had the most problems this year with resistant weeds. Well, I hope everyone has a successful crop, good luck.

Shorthorns4us

SW Iowa here-- 
So far we are looking really good-- got them in the ground within the best timeframes this spring.  Big plants wtih lots of pods so far.  Not a lot of bugs in our fields that we have been watching-- have not seen aphids, leaf beatles.  There are plenty of grasshoppers though, but damage still seems minimal from them so far.  We have gotten rain this past weekend which will help us to continue to fill those pods-- so if this keeps up ok without any disasters we could see some 50 to 60 range fields in our area.
Emily

Woody

Just to dig a little deeper on the subject what variety and maturity of beans do yall grow in your area, just curious.   We grow Rupp 4263 rr sts, a 2.6 maturity and Great Lakes 2119, a 2.1 maturity.