How much for corn stock bales

Help Support Steer Planet:

doubled

We are going to have some extra corn stalk bales left and was thinking about selling them,, I hae no idea what they are worth???

Show Heifer

I bought some about a month ago - weighed 1350, paid $15. Was tickled pink!! That was in Iowa.

common sense

I talked to somebody here in Western Iowa that priced them at $45/bale.  Bales weighing 1800 - 2000 net wrapped.  I think that's crazy though!  I think $25 is in the ball park for the most part.

OH Breeder

I paid the guy that bales ours 50 cents a bale to bale it. We baled about 40 acres of stocks. Small rounds. It is coming in handy as hay prices continue to be high.

shorthorns r us

what is native hay bringing in the upper midwest right now?  good quality, never rained on, 7% protein, 60% TDN, net wrapped, 900-950# round

aj

Here in kansas nw some cane is selling 75$ a ton. Neighbor offered it to me. I don't think will sell it though. 600 nitrate test. They tried to sell some feeder pigs in colby the other day and they didn't get a bid at one dollar a Head. This livestock deal is really going to heck. I think feeder calf prices next fall will be under a buck. Feedlots are running in the red. There is going to be a major shakeup in the livestock deal. It will be interesting. Custom round baling around here runs about 8 $ for a 1500 # bale. The guy that did it for .50.... was he drunk? :)

Rocky Hill Simmental

I'm in SE MO and I heard about one guy who sold all his corn stalk bales for $35 per bale but that was back in November. They probably went up a little since then. We tried to buy some earlier but everyone's sold out of corn stalks. Hopefully since we sold a lot of cows we'll be able to get through the winter without having to buy any more hay (Young steers are still selling pretty good but young heifers are getting kind of low... Bred replacement heifers are selling real well).

We've been feeding them range cubes to cut down on hay. On Tuesday we bought some and they went up. A 50 lb bag costs .01 more than special mix now. A few months ago they were like .20 less than special mix and a year ago it was about 1.00 less. The good news is that SmartLick went down a little bit.

Jill

aj said:
Here in kansas nw some cane is selling 75$ a ton. Neighbor offered it to me. I don't think will sell it though. 600 nitrate test. They tried to sell some feeder pigs in colby the other day and they didn't get a bid at one dollar a Head. This livestock deal is really going to heck. I think feeder calf prices next fall will be under a buck. Feedlots are running in the red. There is going to be a major shakeup in the livestock deal. It will be interesting. Custom round baling around here runs about 8 $ for a 1500 # bale. The guy that did it for .50.... was he drunk? :)

Hay here has actually gone down some, custom bale cost us $16 for a 15-1600# bale. 

showsteerdlux

Here in NC they are about $30 for a 1000# bale.. if you can find any. We haven't had much luck feeding them though. Does anyone on here gring them woth regular hay and feed like silage? Was wondering if that would work better?

showsteerdlux

Jill said:
aj said:

Hay here has actually gone down some, custom bale cost us $16 for a 15-1600# bale. 
What kind of balers are they using and what size rolls?

OH Breeder

Rounds are 135 to 150 a ton plus 3.15 a mile delivery fee. Squares 60 plus pounds of grass mix 8.00. alfafa hay 9.00 and up Horse quality hay is running 215 to 225 ton

doubled

Thanks for all the info, we might have around 40 left hopefully and was wondering what to do with them, and did not want to sell them too high. Hopefully we will
have plenty of hay too, sure are going through alot this winter the cows are eating like crazy with all this cold weather, I know my son sure is tired of chopping ice in the creek.