How much should I sell this bull for?

Help Support Steer Planet:

everybreedcounts

DiamondMCattle said:
What's his pedigree?

I will just tell you prefixes.....he has some KAP, POE, TC, MF, J-W, KMCC, 05, and Diamond R. The only name I am familiar with as a well known bull is his sire; PJR Mr. Mischief. And maybe his grandsire; KAP Handsome Gregory.

RyanChandler

Larissa said:
LLBUX said:
To me, the bull looks good enough to draw interest from a bull stud.

Perhaps you can sell enough semen to pay the bills and keep him around until another breeder 
snaps him up.

I totally agree with LLBUX. I don't know much about Minis, but if he were a regular sized Hereford you'd have a lot of interest in him, he looks great!

Lots of 'regular' Herefords as small and smaller.  Are the registries interchangeable depending on height?

everybreedcounts

-XBAR- said:
Larissa said:
LLBUX said:
To me, the bull looks good enough to draw interest from a bull stud.

Perhaps you can sell enough semen to pay the bills and keep him around until another breeder 
snaps him up.

I totally agree with LLBUX. I don't know much about Minis, but if he were a regular sized Hereford you'd have a lot of interest in him, he looks great!

Lots of 'regular' Herefords as small and smaller.  Are the registries interchangeable depending on height?

Miniature Herefords are registered with the American Hereford Association, so if you were to look at a pedigree of a regular size Hereford and one of a miniature Hereford you wouldn't be able to tell which is miniature unless you saw them in person. So yes, you could breed a mini bull to full size cows and come out with registered Hereford calves.

RyanChandler

There are many Hereford cattle across the country that need a shot of this bull.  There were several young Hereford bulls I saw in Denver that were well over 2500lbs.  Their daughters can't be far behind.