How's your weather across Steer Planet

Help Support Steer Planet:

oregondad

We had a high of 63 yesterday and are supposed to hit 93 tomorrow. For us this is a big change for this time of year. Way too hot too fast, we haven't had the time or the need to pull out the fans yet. Will be getting them going early tomorrow morning.

tackes

wow...30 degrees. that's quite a change. It must be hard on the cows... Its supposed to 71 here tomorrow in WI. My steer is loving the weather. We haven't had any severe weather yet here. I hope those who have had it are all okay and doing well and didn't lose any cattle during the storms.

COd

Had snow here Wed. nite and supposed to be mid 70's by weekend.

SKF

It's in the high 80's to low 90's. It is very hot and we need rain badly!!!

justintime

Sopposed to be in high 80s over the weekend. High winds today. Powder dry and the poor grass looks like it is trying to die. We need rain about as bad as any time I can remember. It is NOT pretty!

Simmymom1

red said:
more rain & 50. need warmer weather. Everything looks yellow.

Red

(dog)  Red - I will trade you the warmer weather for the rain.  My husband farms on the side and his corn sure could use another dose of rain right about now.  It looks like alot of it is already starting to tossle out.  I am not complaining because he got some good rain a few weeks ago, a little more sure would be nice..... Lisa

oregondad

Well they changed our forcast for today (imagine that!) now we are supposed to hit 95 or higher. That's a 32 degree increase in two days. The cows don't like it at all, my son's market steer left feed for the first time. Last week we had highs in the 50's, our corrals and alleyways were 6 inches deep in mud. But we certainly can't complain too much as so many have had such bad weather, a little unseasonal heat won't kill us.

boomer

It got a little too hot to quick!  Its about 101 right now. Usually we have some time to get adjusted to the heat. :mad: 

knabe

there is a massive high pressure moving from the pacific over the US.

it was 97 in san francisco yesterday.

linnettejane

beautiful day today....light breeze, sunshine (rain must have missed us, not complaining), and 70....our pastures are looking the best they ever have....last year they looked the worst they ever had....

red

wow, we had 40 this morning. Very windy & some rain. a brother-in-law farms over 6,000 acres & doesn't have a thing in because they are so wet. Little rain over the weekend & forcast for most of week.

Red

justintime

I am glad to hear that it is raining someplaces, as it give those of us who are extremely dry, some hope that the rains will find us. I know that too much rain can be a major problem but I think it is still better than severe drought. Cows trying to find a few blades of grass on a bare pasture can get to be a pretty depressing sight!

ZNT

Summer is trying to set in for good around here.  Supposed to be in the mid to upper 90's all this week.  Luckily there is a chance of thunderstorms this weekend and be back in the low 90's.  Without regular showers, thing dry out here REALLY FAST.  We will need as much rain as we can get now before the typical high pressure dome (dome of doom) sets in over us for the rest of the summer.

Good luck to the rest of you and I hope some of this hot weather works it's way north.

SKF

It finially RIANED today!!!!!!!!! (clapping) Its been a long time since we have had any kind of rain. Hope it rains again tomorrow.

AAOK

We've had a fairly typical Spring in Oklahoma (last year the wettest year on record, 2006 the 2nd driest ever)
Typical for us is warm one day, cold the next, with a high chance of severe weather most every afternoon.  We get a rain about every other week, either a gully washer, or an all day mist (this depends on whether it's a warm day or cold).  It is not at all uncommon for the low temp and high for the day to experience a 40 degree shift.

Here it is May 19th and today will be the first in 2008 to top 90.  Right now it's an even 100 degrees.  Looks like Summer's here.  ENJOY!!

aj

Are pastures are turning brown and going backwards. I thought we might catch a rain tonight but no way. Colby did catch a inch of rain. I think goodland ks is 2 inches below normal at their weather station. Maybe next year it will rain. ;D