How's your weather?

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Well, I'm hearing some pretty bad weather forecasts & reports across the country!
"Justme" said in MO the wind almost knocked her 6'5" husband over. Show Heifer has ice & Gary Bob has wicked looking weather too.
We're expecting snow/ice/sleet in Ohio tonight. I'm sure DL will probably get the snow only.
Heard that when the barometer drops rapidly, cows tend to calve earlier. Do you find that to be true too? I have one due 3/5 & she is never early so maybe this will be the time.
Everyone keep safe & let us know how it is your way.

(welcome)
Red

genes

I haven't even checked the forecast (it's just so much less relavant living in a city) but maybe I should before I start walking home and get a nasty surprise.  It was beautiful this afternoon.

I was in Windsor this week which might have put me near some of you (in Ohio and Michigan) in terms of latitude.  It was beautiful weather, of course until the day we tried to drive home  ::) so we decided to quit halfway.  The wind was blowing too much snow around.  We saw one semi truck that managed to block a lane on both sides of a divided highway.  His tires were bridge perfectly on each shoulder.  Quite a sight.

red

slicker than snot- that's all I have to say. My blue heeler couldn't even walk across the driveway without slipping.

Red (dog)

cowz

This last storm was fast moving.  We got 8-10 snow with 50 mph winds.  Only had 3 calves.  One was the long awaited heatwave!!!  Red will be pleased that he is RED!

I whole heartedly believe that low barometric pressure brings on the calves.  It also sends feedlot calves into the eating mode.  Their instinct tells them to load up while the getting is good.

Watch your feeder calves when a storm is about to hit.  Guaranteed they wont leave a crumb in the feed bunk! ;D

red

I've found that they really eat well with the colder temps too. wow, those heifers fight to get to the feed.
Cowz, awaiting pictures of heifer!
Red

garybob

We got 2" of rain, then turned 41degrees on sunday with 35-mph winds. Chil Factor of 26 degrees, still no ICE----NaNaNaNanny-boobooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The daffodils and jonquils are blooming, but We usually still get one last snow before Easter.When A tropical storm meets a Polar air Mass, we get 10" of heavy, wet, snow.