How's your weather?

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

We are wet, wet wet & windy here. Never got up close to the high of 55 yesterday they were calling for. Watch the news & the south really got slammed by bad weather.
How are you doing at your place?
Red
PS: I don't live near a river or stream

Attachments

• rained.jpg
    rained.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 227

genes

We proably got the same system as you Red, though not as much water.  Some freezing rain though, and it was sooooo windy...I was afraid a tre branch was going to come through my bedroom wall or soemthign last night.  They cancelled the University today (of course, I had to come in anyway ::)) for only the second time in the 5 years I've been here.  And the irony is, that it is so nice outside now, all the ice is melted anyway. ;D

justme

We have winds again today around 40-45mph.  Yesterday was awful.  Looked like snow but it was more like a cross between snown and ice coming down with terrible winds.  Had trouble even getting to the cows at one point.  Oh yeah I'm in NW MO.  And of course a new calf got under the electric and I had to catch it.  I felt like those city slickers on cowboy U chasing those pigs in the mud.  Little booger was fast for only a day old lol.  Let's hope spring finds us soon!

Joe Boy

We had a great day today.  It got up to 59 with 23 mph winds.  We had 61 mph winds on Saturday all day last week and they got up to 56 on Wednesday.  We had one day with 84 degree weather and it has not rained here since we had our last ice.  We went from 84 to 22 in two days.  We need a rain.  There is sub-moistrue.  Most of us lost lots of fencing during the high wind.  I had to cut trees off my fences even on Sunday.  TUMBLEWEEDS ARE A PAIN.  They had to get a three yard scoop out to clean the road so I could even go check my cattle.  Tonight they were blowing out of the piles they had been placed in.  The humidity got down to 0 for a little while yesterday.  That is unusual and they have had fire warning out.  Tonight, i got a new registered black heifer.  I had 17 cows on the wheat field and 11 wild hogs.  They are becoming a real pain........I would rather have the tumbleweeds.... 
Have a great evening...

red

wild hogs are getting to be a big nusince in Southern Ohio. They have a group called the Ohio Boar Buster's (w/ the little logo) that try to catch them. look like nasty creatures.
We just have deer here & some wild turkeys. Plus the coyotes & various stray dogs.

Red

Attachments

• boar.jpg
    boar.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 181

genes

Haha..funny logo.  Are the wild boars native to your area, or did they escape from someone who was raising them?  I think that happened not too far from us (because those things need good feces, and that guy didn't have em) but they mostly got them under control.

Joe, I can't say I would have ever thought of tumbleweed blocking a road  :eek:  Wow.

red

Genes, I'm not sure about where these hogs came from but they do have a website. It's pretty interesting. One of the boars they trapped weighed over 430 pounds. got nasty looking tusks too.
www.ohioboarbusters.com

Red

Showcalves

We're in central MO and it's been a few days of high winds now and I think I've had enough.  ;)  Heard last night that warmer temps are on their way.  Looking forward to that again.  I guess the good thing about the wind is that it's drying up some of the mud.  (clapping)

BSC

red

OK, Showcalves, what did you do to my weather? We have snow blowing horizontal right now. Not a fun thing to be out in! We have a show going on at our fairgrounds today but we are trimming hooves today so I'm staying put. Plus I'm not a fan of the judge so decided it was best to stay away.
Spring where are you?

Red

Showcalves

We were entered at a show today but decided to stay home and take care of the babies we have.  Too nasty where that show is anyway when it's windy like this.  Boys heard it was 8 degrees there with windchill this morning.  Just not worth the effort today.  8)

BSC

genes

Isn't there a saying something like "March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb"?  Definitely seems like we got that first part down this year.  Here's hoping for the lamb...soon.