Hoyt McInvale... Black Chi Heifer sold to anyone since San Angelo....

Help Support Steer Planet:

JMRCattleCo

I am seeking information from anyone that knows of a person buying a Chi heifer from Hoyt McInvale since the San Angelo Stock Show. It will be either in the panhandle or in the east Texas area. The heifer will have the tattoo TOR 0167X in her left ear. You can message me or contact the Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Associations Special Ranger Jimmy Dickson in Jacksonville Texas. Thank you.

SFASUshowman

I dont know anything about the heifer, but have to wonder, was the heifer stolen or something? Seems someone would have heard about it if it was and I hadnt heard, so just wondering. Being nosey I guess?

ruhtram

SFASUshowman said:
I dont know anything about the heifer, but have to wonder, was the heifer stolen or something? Seems someone would have heard about it if it was and I hadnt heard, so just wondering. Being nosey I guess?

I was wondering too!?

txshowmama

I was wondering too! I mean if you are going to call someone out by name on SteerPlanet then you better have some hard evidence...Plus I would want to know what is going on before I stepped off into a situation even if I thought I might have some useful info!

JMRCattleCo

I purchased a heifer from this man last December with the agreement that he would keep possession until after all the majors that they had already entered. The calf was 2nd in her class at Ft Worth, not sure about San Antonio, and won her class in San Angelo. He called me that Sunday on their way home from San Angelo and told me i could take possession. He waited till dark and we moved her from his trailer to mine. I noticed large warts on this calf's face and neck and asked what was the deal????? He is a professional fitter and would never let a calf in the show ring with warts. Plus the judge in San Angelo  wouldn't have used her for the class winner. The calf was unruly and he said she had been in a trailer for 6 hours and just take her home and let her rest. I already had $3000 invested. I called some people who had traveled with him and his family to all these shows to come over and look at this calf. They all agreed it wasn't the calf i purchased and that his daughter had been showing, all the families except the one family that they haul with.....but that's another story. Long story short it was a bait and switch......this man is from Hooks, Tx. Some FFA students from our area were at an FFA conference in Mt Pleasant the next weekend and some kids were bragging about buying an "awesome" heifer from this man. SO that's the short of the story. 3K for a calf that i didn't get. The other calf he has carries the same tattoo in her ear. He probably sold her as a CHI. I know what some of you are thinking.....a calf can have dual papers.....I know that also......but the pedigree has to match.....which it doesn't. I would appreciate any help or information on this........MY SON HAS NO CALF TO SHOW NOW.......and I'm trying to make sure he doesn't do this to other families. SAD preying on kids.......

Telos

So sorry. This happens way too often in this industry. Families and children are easy prey for some of these !Y^##^*&^$ GESG.

JMRCattleCo

Here are pictures taken 24 hours apart. The calf being shown in San Angelo, and the one delivered to me. Anyone reading this remember or compete against this calf in the MAINE breed????

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    491.9 KB · Views: 34
  • warts.jpg
    warts.jpg
    386.3 KB · Views: 16
  • JA11-109-2055a.jpg
    JA11-109-2055a.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 2

QMC

lower quarter , depth of body, flank, along with head and neck, thats your heifer

JMRCattleCo

This was a pic from late December.....I agree folks.....she is very similar...that's why he thought he could get away with it....

Attachments

• maine heifer.jpg
    maine heifer.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 8

SFASUshowman

After further review, even in your pic there are no warts on the show side, and those on the off side could be hidden! the one on the face could easily be covered by the halter and with paint on a black calf they are hideable unless someone is really looking!  I am sorry to say but from pics I cant say that these 2 heifers are not the same heifer.  I agree in the older pic the heifer looks to have more stifle, but they way she is standing and walking in the 2 recent pics, I dont think we see enough of the stifle to make a difference in the decision!  I hate to say but the only difference I see is she is fitted to the 9s in one pic and she is out in the pen in the other.
You say the pedigree doesnt match? Do the papers you received not match what you payed for? If that is the case then you have a case.  Or are you saying this heifer isnt what the papers say she is? In that case I would think you would want to have some DNA evidence before running a man's name down like that!
Not trying to be mean or judgemental here, but you have to be careful what you accuse people of on a public forum like this! If that is indeed the same heifer you probably just hurt yourself more!

JMRCattleCo

Well.......I was careful......theres alot more to this than i have time to type......when 3 families that stalled with them from Ft Worth to San Angelo have all came out and looked at this calf and all agree it is not the same calf....mainly because of the warts.....they dont allow calves to be stalled with them with warts or evidence or recent warts. He is good at what he does ill just leave it at that.

dano

As a fair warning coming from another parent that if the picture is not your child, this man could not only come after for slander but also go after you for posting a picture of his child!! in Texas that is  considered as child endangerment. You can not post pictures of a minor without their permission! Even if you felt clever enough to black the childs face out! Plus I have never heard of a group not letting cattle haul with them because of warts. They are not contagious or a health hazard. I think you have been miss informed by someone. Sorry for your bad luck and if my opion counts, the heifers look the same. I have never seen a hiefer look the same on show day as they do sitting in the pen. I strongly suggest the picture of the child comes down before it causes you some serious trouble! I dont think a heifer is worth that!!