I-80 BULL

Help Support Steer Planet:

SHAGGY

Very good looking bull, seen him in Louisville. He is an Ali out of a Hard Drive cow, i think his bw was 68 or something like that. Might use him some this year.

SHAGGY

Yeah, he was quit a looker, i would love to use him but i swore to myself i would never use a Lautner bull again. Kinda puts me between a rock and a hard place.  :(

caldanmc

Just curious if anyone else has noticed this or not.  I just recieved Lautner's 2010 catalog today.  As I am going through it, I notice that it is a completely different pic than what has been used to promote this bull thus far.  Still looks really good through his front end, and is deep ribbed, but the pic is so different, it doesn't even look like the same bull.  Just curious if anyone else has seen this, and if you were looking at only the pics and pedigree, having not seen the bull in person, which pic would you use to justify using him?

stangs13

caldanmc said:
Just curious if anyone else has noticed this or not.  I just recieved Lautner's 2010 catalog today.  As I am going through it, I notice that it is a completely different pic than what has been used to promote this bull thus far.  Still looks really good through his front end, and is deep ribbed, but the pic is so different, it doesn't even look like the same bull.  Just curious if anyone else has seen this, and if you were looking at only the pics and pedigree, having not seen the bull in person, which pic would you use to justify using him?

Both pictures look great...The original one was the picture they used in the sale cat. when they sold him.

trademark

caldanmc said:
looks like all those heatwave clones are the same animal only in a different pose or at a different angle

TMJ Show Cattle

If I=80 breeds even close to his parentage he will sell really well. Have seen the bull and ordred semen.Might even over order.

harleyhog

Speaking of catalogs..We got Top Sires Catalog yesterday and the picture of I-80 looks different in their picture of him than it looks in Lautner's catalog...If you have time check it out...

lowann

McCARTAN said:
My son saw him at the Iowa beef Expo and said he was the coolest purebred Maine he has ever seen.Genetics that are hard to beat.We are going to flush a cow to him in a couple of weeks.Can't wait to see the results next spring.
We saw him at the expo too. Liked him!

JFSC

Saw him at stud in ok. He is really cool looking but is EXTREMLY straight on his back legs.

TMJ Show Cattle

He is not any straighter on his hind leg than any other clubby type bull.He has plenty of flex and a good stride.

Which would you use: I-80 or Ali 2?
I have a shorthorn heifer that I am trying to match up.  She is structurally correct and free moving.

herefordfootball

I think I'd try I-80, I like him a little better than Ali 2. But if you're breeding for a heifer go with something that is guaranteed calving ease, the original Ali or maybe Dirty Harry, he worked good for us.

Midwest

JFSC said:
Saw him at stud in ok. He is really cool looking but is EXTREMLY straight on his back legs.
Also saw at stud and would agree that is plenty straight.  Is pretty cool looking though but could be softened up in his overall look and structure.

JFSC

I agree he was pretty cool looking just way to straight for me.

SHAGGY

Needs softened up and too straight ::) I hardly think so. I love how people nit pick at a super awesome bull because he doesnt look like the logo on the website.

TMJ Show Cattle

I-80 is not too straight period.How the hell could he be softer? Sounds like a Lautner basher to me.

Latest posts