I-80 calf pictures, please.

Help Support Steer Planet:

Telos

bk2005 said:
I've only one i80. This is him. The cow is a first calf heifer out of a herd bull and our Parker cow that is donor quality by most people's standards. The mother is a tick smaller in frame and plainer in her make up. But sound, correct, level and good haired.
I had bred this calf for a heifer but when he came out I thought he might make a cool steer. But as he as grown and bred like he is, he needs left a bull. I think the best thing about him is how correct built he is. Big footed and perfect set to his legs. With a 65lb bw and an 80lb bw on his mother he sould stay fairly small birthing. A lot like i80 in a lot of ways he's not overwhelming powerfull, but still thick, wide based and wide hipped and super smooth. To me he is more of a Maine breeding bull than a clubby being 3/4.
It will be interesting to see how this spring plays out. And with the big dogs flocking to Ohio maybe he will have an add next spring.

You just got a real good one there. Congrats. I also think a little too much Maine genetics for that great steer. IMO, good choice leaving him a bull.

chappy6655

Our Heatwave x Angus first calf heifer finally calved yeserday (9 days past due). The attached pic is her I-80 bull calf at about an hour old. 98.5 # unassisted. And she seems to be milking good!

Attachments

• P4141797.JPG
    P4141797.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 544

bk2005

mark tenenbaum said:
bk2005 said:
About half way clipped. This dude is stupid tame. /// Hes pretty maternal looking-but still has some power-even standing there you can see how correct he is-especially the hoof placement at that young an age-looks like hed sire hiefers to me O0

We haven't cleaned him up for a couple wks. He has really taken off into his first big growth spurt, and has gotten more shape in his rib n top. Being the first i80 out of a first calf heifer we have had, made me wonder if he would keep his shape or flatten out and go to the sky in frame like some can. To me he is what I would want in a heifer bull, and to me he's almost freaky complete. Part of me wants to make him thicker n stouter but he ain't a clubby. Might try to get him cleaned up and get another pic of him to post on how he is coming along.

Part Timer

I80 x cookiemonster heifer. I like this calf more and more every day.

Attachments

• 20130425_154303-1.jpg
    20130425_154303-1.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 807

iowabeef

Here is an I-80 bull calf out of a Monopoly 1st calf heifer.  Raised by Richard Mitchell in Charles City, Iowa

Attachments

• Rich I-80 3.jpg
    Rich I-80 3.jpg
    811.3 KB · Views: 311
  • Rich I-80 2.jpg
    Rich I-80 2.jpg
    894.9 KB · Views: 333

bk2005

Updated pic of the i80 x Parker angus steer. Had planned to leave him a bull but not the way it worked out. Still green but super haired and sexy look. Has more gas than most being 3/4 Maine. He is for sale but ideally won't be ready to show hard till October. 5 yr old broke too, stupid tame with young kids.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 202

BLININ

I-80/Bojo , mom was a many time champion, and the bull calf is really good! Huge hip and top, super hairy! He was born april22 we love him

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 211

bk2005

Final pic of the i80 x Parker steer. He is selling at the Ohio feeder calf round-up at the end of the month.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 357