I-80 calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

DB

I was wondering if anyone had any calves on the ground yet by I-80?  I didn't know if any people having fall borns might have any or early calves... if so how are they? are they coming small and what do you think of them... just curious! I am thinking on using him this year.  WHat type of cow would he work best on in your opinion????

thanks

crushertown

This is a great question that i hope get answered.  I really like the looks of this guy.  Could really clean up the front end of a cow from the looks of him.

HGC

We have 5 of them due in the 1st half of March.  Can let you know then.

Show time

Just had one out of a first calf heifer.  Weighed 71 pounds...has good bone and a nice top.  He was a light pull, but the heifer probably would have been able to calve on her own.

Joe Boy

I also have this bull on my list to watch.  I like his looks.  I want to know if he downsizes the cattle, structure, mobility, calving ease, and how they grow.

ruhtram

Any pictures of these 1-80 calves?..I'm real excited to some a few

Fish Creek Ranch

We have a I-80 due Jan. 25.  It was be out of a heifer calf heifer.  She is a Oklahoma Storm heifer.  Also have more coming but not tell March.

texas111

how do you like the oklahoma storm heifer?  I was considering breeding a few cows to him.  Are they sound?

Fish Creek Ranch

I love my Oklahoma Storm cattle.  Yes they are sound and very calm. They have alot of volume to them as well. We are showing two of them right now.  We live about 10 miles from Oklahoma Storm.  My dad does J&J Cattle Co. AI work. 

Mueller Show Cattle

Fish Creek Ranch or SB32408 do you have any pics of your I-80 calf yet? I am seriously considering breeding my Heat Wave heifer to him this spring and have read of you guys using him on your heifers. Looking like he is an easy calver? I know he had a low birth weight just hoping that most of his calves are low birth weight for my HW heifer's first calf.  Would really like to see some pics of his calfs. Thanks

Show time

I personally wouldn't use I-80 on a clubby heifer.  If you msg me your cell number I can text you a pic.  This calf is hands down our best one on the ground so far... he is going to have a massive front end on him.

Fish Creek Ranch

Mueller Show Cattle said:
Fish Creek Ranch or SB32408 do you have any pics of your I-80 calf yet? I am seriously considering breeding my Heat Wave heifer to him this spring and have read of you guys using him on your heifers. Looking like he is an easy calver? I know he had a low birth weight just hoping that most of his calves are low birth weight for my HW heifer's first calf.  Would really like to see some pics of his calfs. Thanks

Our I-80 calf has hit the ground on sunday.  It was a bull. No pics yet.  Going to wait a week or so to take any pics.  But as soon as I would I will post them.  He was out of a first calf heifer.  he weighed 61 pounds and unassited. 

Mueller Show Cattle

This is a picture of an I-80 from SB32408 that was sent to me. It is from a cell phone so it is not as clear as a camera photo but still can tell how big fronted that calf is. Thanks SB32408.

Attachments

• I-80.jpeg
    I-80.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 463

FarmerWanna-Be

Looks good. Those legs look nice. I wish I-80 wasnt owned by Lautner. I've heard a few good and many bad things about them and dont know if its worth using a bull like this owned by them.

Bradenh

if the calves are good, why would you bias twords the owner of the bull? based on what you have 'heared'

mlcattle

if you want to sell calves, you gotta use some lautner bulls. they are pretty good, but they get marketed and when ya hear or read about their bulls all the time you almost have to use some of them in your breeding plans. almost everyone knows their bulls. we have good luck getting cows bred to them and they sell. nice calf cant wait to see more pics of his calves (i-80) we have one coming first of april.