I-80 calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

DB

Miller could you let us know how it goes in February with calving your first calf heifers out of I-80 goes.  I would be interested in hearing because I was planning on using him on some heifers this spring but would like to hear from some of you that have used him and have had calves.  I know that some have already shared that their calves have come small and 1 had a very light pull but heifer could have had it on her own he thought.

So could you share when you have some calves.  Having 12 first calf heifers to him, you would get a pretty good feel for him.

Thanks

Fish Creek Ranch

Here is two pics of our first I-80 bull calf.

Attachments

• I-80 x Oklahoma Storm..jpg
    I-80 x Oklahoma Storm..jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 1,215
  • I-80 x Oklahoma Storm.jpg
    I-80 x Oklahoma Storm.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 480

flacowman

Why do some of y'all refuse to use lautner bulls?  It's not like he's bred most of them and for the number of straws sold that the check went to him I have heard of very few problems proportionally.  I'm not in the right region or breed(s) to need his stuff a lot but I have had no problems with the bulls I have used that they own.

SHAGGY

@flacowman, Im not going to run a guy down on a public forum, but just be thankful you havent had to deal with him that much. I am to the point i will breed to another bull and come in second than breed to a lautner bull and win. JMO,

e/bcattle

FLACOWMAN
Everytime we deal with Lautner's everything is smooth sailing.  Semen gets here when they say it will, bills are are always correct, and our conception rate is always 95 plus.  I would say that you should make a decision to use them on your own terms and not what others say about them.  Try them and see what they do for you.  In my honest opinion it will be worth your time and money.  And as SHAGGY said their calves come out on top and its not worth taking that chance away from yourself based on someone else's opinion or experience.  It takes two to tango, not to offend anyone, so don't be afraid to dance over to the winners circle.

Mueller Show Cattle

This Lautner discussion is like beating a dead horse. Use them if you want or don 't,  but make up the decision yourself, don't let others influence you. Yes I use them and had nothing but good dealings with them. And no one can deny what they have done, they are the top clubby semen seller out there and they produce more winners than anyone else which some people just can't stand. I don't raise steers to get 2nd place, I go to win. Not saying that I only use Lautner Bulls but have won with there bulls more than any others.  But don't let me influence you, make up your own mind, try them, if you don't like them then don't use them anymore.

Till-Hill

e/bcattle said:
FLACOWMAN
Everytime we deal with Lautner's everything is smooth sailing.  Semen gets here when they say it will, bills are are always correct, and our conception rate is always 95 plus.  I would say that you should make a decision to use them on your own terms and not what others say about them.  Try them and see what they do for you.  In my honest opinion it will be worth your time and money.  And as SHAGGY said their calves come out on top and its not worth taking that chance away from yourself based on someone else's opinion or experience.  It takes two to tango, not to offend anyone, so don't be afraid to dance over to the winners circle.

95% Conception rate?????? Are you serious. 1st service 95%. One year one time maybe yes. If so more power to you and I want to know your secret. And so do the pro A.I. techs out there.

ruhtram

Fish Creek Ranch said:

Thanks for the pic's. Your bull looks real nice. what are your plans for him?

kfacres

Cruiser said:
Fish Creek Ranch said:

Thanks for the pic's. Your bull looks real nice. what are your plans for him?

I bet thier plans are to break him to lead, and show him.. that is if the halter doesn't break him first.. poor calf looks to barely hold his head up with that cow halter on...  <rock> <beer>  just couldn't resits it....

Hey, whoever it was.. why don't you come to our place and break some calves to lead... I'm just not getting around to it, like I thought I would by now. <beer>