I-80 Semen

Help Support Steer Planet:

Limflex

Been off the Planet several days with county show so..... what did I miss on I 80? Saw on the other site, Launtners monthly auction,
he sold for $51 a unit!  What the heck???

showgirl15

I know many people that have bred to him and they are not settling. We dont know if it is the batch or if it is just the cows. Because I sure want an I-80 calf on the ground.

shortii

There is that possibility that a bad batch could have been sent out, but i also think we need to look back at what last summer was like. Record temps and and a nation wide drought resulting in many states being declared disaster areas. I think with that kind of stress being put on the cattle this year has made it hard for them to catch. I know it effected my cattle.

shortyjock89

showgirl15 said:
I know many people that have bred to him and they are not settling. We dont know if it is the batch or if it is just the cows. Because I sure want an I-80 calf on the ground.

We flushed a cow to him two weeks ago and got 18 grade 1's.

SUL1

I 80 is at Rei in Stillwater he looked at little rough as any bull would that's been used like him . I seen him 2 months ago when he first came in and he really looked bad and looked at him again this weekend and he looked a lot better but I only had to pay $40 a straw for his semen why did go for 51 in the sale ?

Gargan

imo, the best set of hfrs i saw sell (as a whole) this past fall were i-80's. He seems to be consistant. whether its $40-or $60/straw its still worth it for a hot, consistant sire imo.

Bi-Lane Livestock

Gargan, I agree as a whole the I-80 females are nice!  Here is a I-80 x Macho that we raised and will be showing soon.  Looking forward to his calves this spring as well, high demand = higher semen prices.

Attachments

• Coaltrain.jpg
    Coaltrain.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 273

Gargan

Bi-Lane Livestock said:
Gargan, I agree as a whole the I-80 females are nice!  Here is a I-80 x Macho that we raised and will be showing soon.  Looking forward to his calves this spring as well, high demand = higher semen prices.

Nice!!

bryan6807

The Heifer pictured above by Bi-Lane was supreme female at the Michigan AGR. Congrats!!! What a Female!!

Gargan

Bi-Lane Livestock said:
Thanks! Good heifer show...I did not know if we could get around the Powers or Acmodey heifers but did today.

congrats, she looked phenominal in the backdrop picture i saw on lautners blog. she would make a $25 or even $200 straw of semen seem cheap. (lol)

mark tenenbaum

Gargan said:
Bi-Lane Livestock said:
Thanks! Good heifer show...I did not know if we could get around the Powers or Acmodey heifers but did today.

congrats, she looked phenominal in the backdrop picture i saw on lautners blog. she would make a $25 or even $200 straw of semen seem cheap. (lol)//// Hey Gargan-THINK HELL WORK ON MOJITO DAUGHTERS????? (pop) <beer> O0 O0

Gargan

mark tenenbaum said:
Gargan said:
Bi-Lane Livestock said:

congrats, she looked phenominal in the backdrop picture i saw on lautners blog. she would make a $25 or even $200 straw of semen seem cheap. (lol)//// Hey Gargan-THINK HELL WORK ON MOJITO DAUGHTERS????? (pop) <beer> O0 O0

i certainly do Mark.. both bulls make them super pretty fronted, big ribbed and super square. i think it would be a sweet mating!!  (thumbsup)

sizzler14

She looked better in person. But Powers heifer was freaking awesome. I had her picked for grand and thr 1-80 reserve but cant argue either way. both heifers are donor potential. hats off to both breeders and showers for 2 high quality heifers

Bi-Lane Livestock

Thanks, Powers heifer is real nice and the Acmoodey heifer dressed better than I thought and looked good.  The I-80 is out of a full sister to Bloombergs heifer that won IL state fair in 08 and was reserve in Denver.  Our heifer was a little more cowy and I think that's what he was looking for.  I'll post a stall pic tomorrow.